What's so wonderful about the aft?

I too look for a quiet location. Since the aft might be a problem for me with seasickness I opted for a GS. The area of the ship where these are located seems to be pretty quiet. The only cabins nearby are RS, OS and GS. Since these are larger cabins but not family cabins--there should be less traffic. Nothing else in this area but the radio room.

Linda

I've had aft cabins on the Adventure, Radiance, Grandeur and Vision. That is my first choice. I love the larger balconies, the total view leaving a port (I can sit and sip some wine and sit on my balcony looking at where I've been all day and be grateful I was there), there's not much foot traffic walking by your door at all hours..... I also like the exercise I get walking to and from those cabins. I've also found that those cabins let you be in sun or shade -- your choice.

I've had aft cabins on other ships and loved them, especially the wrap-around afts!

We had a lot of motion on the Vision on leaving San Diego a few years ago, but that didn't bother me. I loved it. Otherwise, I did not notice any more motion aft than anywhere else on any of the ships.

Thanks, Miriam.

Yes, we shouldn't get any foot traffic with the location of 7650 on the Grandeur. We love to walk, so that's certainly no problem.

Motion has never bothered DH or me on a boat (sail or power). Hopefully, the ship motion won't bother us either.

Do you also love the Grandeur as much as everyone on these boards?

Have a great weekend.

We had an aft cabin on the Legend from Hawaii to Ensenada. In addition to the other benefits listed previously, we found it to be less windy on our balcony. It was so windy on some days, that they would not allow you to sit on the upper deck above the pool area (normally my favorite spot to sit to watch the poolside activities). They had actually chained the chairs down. While sitting poolside, you needed to sit toward the bow of the ship to stay out of the wind. This same effect occured on our private balcony. The ship was heading into the wind, so it was very calm on our aft balcony. The afts on the legend are 1/2 covered and 1/2 out in the open so you can choose to sit in the sun or shade.

We did have a little bit of soot on the lounge chairs a couple of days, but I asked the steward to wash off the loungers and he left us extra towels to cover the chairs when we sat in them.

We never heard any anchor noise and although we had a couple rough days at sea, I didn't feel any more motion in our cabin than when we were other places on the ship.

Archived