Photo Ideas

gnu-attitude

what different cameras do you all have? I have a Panasonic Lumix - 7 mg with 6 zoom -- need to upgrade altho' I just bought this last NOv... interested in a Sony - bigger camera with 8 mgs and maybe 10 or 12 zoom - any suggestions? Thank You... Corkey

I just got a Nikon DSLR for Christmas and can't wait to use it on our 1st cruise in May! It's a great camera with an 18-200mm zoom lens. But before that I had a Canon Powershot and loved it also. Just the other day I bought the Sony T70 for my son because he wanted something very small - and small it is. It has 10 mp but it is too tiny for me! I can't remember the zoom on it but so far he's pleased with it. I really can't say until I see the photos that he's taken so far.

Are you looking for a point & shot or dslr?

s - sunsets 0r sunrise

t - terminals of the different ports

u - underwater shots!!

what different cameras do you all have? I have a Panasonic Lumix - 7 mg with 6 zoom -- need to upgrade altho' I just bought this last NOv... interested in a Sony - bigger camera with 8 mgs and maybe 10 or 12 zoom - any suggestions? Thank You... Corkey

Hi, Corkey,

How do you like your Lumix? We just bought the Lumix 18x and are really excited about it. We haven't had a lot of time to play with the camera yet but did drive to the Port of Miami to take photos of RCCL Liberty of the Seas, which we'll be crusing on in May. The zoom is AMAZING. I'm anxious to hear your opinion of Panasonic in general.

Lynn

• 4 months later...

Use the highest quality image your camera can shoot. Get spare memory cards (2+GB or more). Good zoom lens on the camera 70-300MM (Image stabilized if possible), remember things won't be close to you most of the time. I take a portable printer (4x6) with me and the day's pictures make great Door Art (decorate your door hanging). That is a hard one to go one up on while on the ship. Don't forget the pictures from up on the Lido deck.

Good Pictures always.

Archived