tipping in kids club

ljmandelbaum

Hi!

We are taking our girls on their first cruise next month. They are 2 (doing Carnival so they can go in the kids club).

My MIL said that we should tip at the kids club the first day when we drop the girls off.

WHat do you think?

How much do you tip at the kids club?

Nope do NOT tip on the first day for Camp Carnival. There will be a big container for tipping on the last day. They divide up the tips. I've seen people tip from $20 - $100 and more. It is whatever you are comfortable with.

What ship are you going on? We'll be on Carnival in August too. :)

I agree witht he other moms that have posted. Tip on the last day and tip what you feel comfortable tipping. We had two kids int he camp, so we based our tip on that and how much the kids were there.

have a great trip!

The only tip I hand out the first day is a partial tip to the cabin steward, with a comment about a followup tip at the end of the cruise. This is *completely* optional, and I only do it because we can sometimes be a "high-needs" family, with extra towels, moved-around furniture, cleared out fridge, extra soaps, etc etc.

We have used the childrens program on various cruise lines when our children were young. I do think it's great to tip but I would do this towards the end of the cruise to say thank you for all that they do to make the children happy. We have had so many wonderful counselors over the years and our children (they are now young adults) look back to the wonderful memories they have for these programs.

Keith

Archived