On the coat-tails of a Suite Passenger!

rhumney

Carnival Liberty

Q: I am an adult in a non-suite balcony. My parents are in a suite. They have the perk of a separate, quicker, check-in counter. Is it possible to board with my parents?

Thank you very much!:)

From what I have herd, not unless they need your help to get onboard. If they can walk on there on own and take care of them selves. Then no you can't, unless you are staying in the same cabin..

I have never had a suite yet and never have had a big wait to get on any ship... so going VIP hasn't been a big deal for us... Although, one of these days I'll get a suite.... :D

But someone else on this forum probably may know for sure..

Depending on when you arrive at the port and how many VIP guests are boarding, the wait may not be much better than the regular passenger lines. Last cruise we waited forever before we got through the boarding process since there were so many VIPs.

Personally, I don't believe non-VIP guests should "ride the coat tails" unless there are extenuating circumstances, when that is one of the perks that I paid for! :D [others' opinions may vary]

I belive that if both cabins are under the same booking number then you can check in together because it really dosen't add much more time to the process other than the cc for S&S. You might not get to board with them but you can check in with them more than likely and useally they will let you board at the same time. If in doubt just upgrade to a suite also :D

You are all correct!

It is not right to "ride the coat-tails" of my parents.

One of my parents and a sibling are currently being treated for cancer.

It would be helpful for them to have my assistance without having to give that explanation at check-in time.

I will pursue this through "Special Needs" department.

Thank you all for your comments

Yes, it is not respectful to "ride the coat-tails" of others - I am in full agreement.:)

Here's a thought too. This past May we were on the Miracle. We had a suite, my parents didn't. We had traveled differently so we didn't get there at the same time. We had VIP check in, they didn't. Little did we know, we both ended up showing up close to the same time. We went through vip check in and they went through regular check in and we were both on the ship within 10 minutes of each other so it really wasn't much faster. Good luck!

I have been in a suite and my kids have been in an inside cabin and we have always checked in together at the same time. I know that if you are all using the same credit card for onboard expenses you may check in together also. As the previous poster stated, sometimes the lines for VIP are longer than the regular lines. Good luck, enjoy your cruise, I hope your family is okay.

Lat year (Miracle) and this year (Liberty) our DDs (21 & 25) had a non Suite cabin while DH & I had a suite. (On the Miracle cruise, I had to be in the same cabin as neither of my DDs were of legal age to cruise without a parent in the cabin.

Booking through Carnival gave us different booking numbers (a pain when selecting and making on line excursion reservations.) However, both booking numbers were cross referenced.

For both cruises, both cabins were guaranteed by the same credit card. I understand that VIP is a special perk, but I would hate it if I had to stand in two different lines to check in. The only VIP Suite perk is the check in line.

Archived