Serenade of the Seas - Cabin Help Please

We just reserved for the Serenade of the Seas Alaska cruise for Cabin 9576 starboard side (right @ the beginning of the hump on 9th Deck.)

Now see that there are 2 aft cabins available - # 1102 & 1604. (10th Deck)

Help! Does anyone have experience with any of these rooms on the Serenade specifically or on the Radiance class ships?

Which cabin would be better for taking in the Alaska views? Any problems with any of these cabins? Your insights would be very helpful.

This was 9260, identical to 1604, but 1 floor down this is the balcony which was 10 x 14 with 2 lounge chairs and 2 regular chairs and a small table. They are actually the larger balconies because the back of the ship curves and since they are middle of the aft they are the longest part. The cabin was wonderful. If you want to see more pictures of the room and balcony click on the link to the Brilliance in my signature.

IMG_1108.jpg

Jersey, for an Alaska Cruise, I would love to have a center Hump Cabin. It really will come down to what you feel you would prefer. A couple on our Roll Call have a center Hump, on the 9th Deck of the ROS. We would have tried one but only 1 left and we have friends this time. I see you are at the biginging of the hump so you won't be able to see around. Your room should be 204 SQ FT 41 sq ft balcony. We will be on the 9th Deck for our Hawaii cruise, port side. If you don't mind the aft, your balcony will be much larger, but to me its like sitting in back seat of car looking backwards. Again your choice. Being on the side you will have a good view.

Thanks for your imput & Pix. You both brought up important points. One other thing I noticed was that the aft cabins are right below the Windjammer. Wonder if there is increased noise from above. Also can you look from the Windjammer down on those aft balconies?

Looking for any more information you can give - or anyone else that sees this post to help us make our decision.

Thanks again.

Thanks for your imput & Pix. You both brought up important points. One other thing I noticed was that the aft cabins are right below the Windjammer. Wonder if there is increased noise from above. Also can you look from the Windjammer down on those aft balconies?

Looking for any more information you can give - or anyone else that sees this post to help us make our decision.

Thanks again.

Our friends were in 1104 and they heard nothing from the Windjammer and she is a light sleeper. Also you could not see the balcony below unless they were standing at the railing.

This is looking down on the balcony below us

IMG_1602.jpg

We were in 1604 on the Radiance in May for their Pacific Coastal cruise, and I would book it again in a heartbeat. There was no problems with noise coming from the Windjammer, and the views were incredible. The balcony is huge with 2 chairs, a small table, and 2 lounge chairs. We, too, are booked on Serenade for Alaska next May and can't wait. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Anne:)

Archived