Hammocks

In Barcelona two weeks ago aboard the Navigator we passed a ship called "Aida" which had a hammock on every balcony. It looked so amazing (especially since there was room for two on each hammock). Now I'm going to leave the rest of the potential benefits to your imaginations, but all in favour let me know so that we can exert some pressure on RCI. It wouldn't cost much and in my humble opinion, would significantly add to our cruising experience.........Watching the sun go down swaying gently and sipping a Long Island Iced Tea? Heaven can't be any better!!;)

Alan

In Barcelona two weeks ago aboard the Navigator we passed a ship called "Aida" which had a hammock on every balcony. It looked so amazing (especially since there was room for two on each hammock). Now I'm going to leave the rest of the potential benefits to your imaginations, but all in favour let me know so that we can exert some pressure on RCI. It wouldn't cost much and in my humble opinion, would significantly add to our cruising experience.........Watching the sun go down swaying gently and sipping a Long Island Iced Tea? Heaven can't be any better!!;)

Alan

Well, hammocks may LOOK nice, but have you ever seen Funny Home Videos where people are trying to get ON one of those, lol?:D :D Some people had a LITTLE trouble getting settled onto it! Oh, sorry, you were talking about swaying and sun and sipping...back to the OP's dream of hammocks on all balconys...;)

Well, hammocks may LOOK nice, but have you ever seen Funny Home Videos where people are trying to get ON one of those, lol?:D :D Some people had a LITTLE trouble getting settled onto it! Oh, sorry, you were talking about swaying and sun and sipping...back to the OP's dream of hammocks on all balconys...;)

Getting ON shouldn't be a problem. Getting OFF after a few Long Island Iced Teas........by that time a few bruises won't be an issue!;)

Alan

Hammocks - wow! That really is a cool idea for RCI :)

So I just had to google it' date=' oh my what lovely lips she has! :eek: :confused:

www.aida.de

Hi Kate,

I must admit I didn't notice her lips-too busy looking at the hammocks. Well, by my count that's three in favour. WE NEED MORE FOLKS!!!

Alan

Alan

Why don't you take a cruise on Aida to see if they're as good as you think?

Why don't you take a cruise on Aida to see if they're as good as you think?

Because I like RCI and I certainly wouldn't change allegiance for the sake of a hammock. I just thought it might be a nice idea. Your tone sounds a bit brusque....having a bad day?

Alan

Now we're talking' date=' how great are these!!

Grumm unless you're fluent in German I perhaps wouldn't bother with the suggestion you try one out ;)

I'm all for RCI adding to their assets![/quote']

Kate

Mein Deutsch ist schlecht...I'm going to stick with RCI. Thanks for the support!;)

Alan

They look really comfortable. I take it the lady in the white bikini is not inluded in the package?:p

Alan

They ARE really comfortable. I even bring one to my younger son's weekend long baseball tournaments. :) Everyone is soooo jealous to be sitting in bleachers all weekend when I'm napping in my hammock. If you browse about on the net a bit, you can even find a model with a built in sun shade. They fold up into a package a little bit bigger and just a little heavier than a full size umbrella... amazing technology.

Sorry... for the lady in the white bikini, I think you'll have to cough up more than $79.95. She looks on the pricey side. ;) Good luck though. LOL

Because I like RCI and I certainly wouldn't change allegiance for the sake of a hammock. I just thought it might be a nice idea. Your tone sounds a bit brusque....having a bad day?

Alan

Sorry. Didn't mean to be brusque, or negative. Just wanted to put forth another idea.

I like RCI too, but I cruise on other lines. I thought I'd offer a suggestion. (Maybe it comes from the fact that I'm not too fond of hammocks myself.)

I apologize for the tone; nothing pejorative was intended.

Sorry. Didn't mean to be brusque, or negative. Just wanted to put forth another idea.

I like RCI too, but I cruise on other lines. I thought I'd offer a suggestion. (Maybe it comes from the fact that I'm not too fond of hammocks myself.)

I apologize for the tone; nothing pejorative was intended.

MacThespian

Thanks for the explanatory reply. The difficulty with writing e-mails is that often "tone" is missed. I appreciate that you're not a hammock fan and I also appreciate that no offense was intended. It was nice of you to offer an explanation and many others on these boards could do worse than follow your example.

Happy sailing in the future:)

Alan

I always just bring one of these...

http://www.everywherechair.com/kel-hammock.html

:)

Thanks for posting that link - I saved it to my favorites and just might buy one of those in the future. It would be great for trips to the beach and since I have a corner aft cabin on my next cruise I would have plenty of room. ;)

Alan

I don't know, Alan.........I'm picturing a little back and forth swaying, followed by someone going up and over the balcony rail! :eek:

I don't know, Alan.........I'm picturing a little back and forth swaying, followed by someone going up and over the balcony rail! :eek:

I see your point Mom. Maybe if RCCL retricted usage to non-honeymooners all would be well!!??;)

Seriously 'though, it looked so great...all those folks just swaying happily in the sunshine, drinks in hand. I imagine that room service would be quite happy with the extra business too!

Hope you're well and eating those Goji Berries I recommended about a year ago.

Best regards,

Alan

yup, drunken twenty-somethings will see that as a trampoline...:eek:

A couple less to worry about then;) If RCI starts having to make contingencies for drunken 20-somethings, then God help us all!!

Alan

BTW, Aida cruises is a cruise concept following the club concept. Think i.e. Club Med.

You have to like buffets to cruise with them as that´s the only included restaurant they have onboard.

JFYI Aida is owned by Carnival Corporation.

Madforcruising,

Thanks for the info. We only saw the ship and I thought it would be a nice addition to RCCL. I'm not advocating wholesale changes in RCCL's dining policy or overall cruise concept. Simply an idea for an additional luxury for us.

Alan

Archived