Treasures Of The Inca Coast?

Has anyone been on this cruise?

We were thinking of going on it, the cruise is on the PRIDE leaving FT. LAUDERDALE JAN.5 2008 going to CHILE,18 days.

We were on the PRIDE this past APRIL and really liked the ship,hope to see the same help again.

JIM

We are undertaking that cruise and doing Machu Picci and Easter Isalend with them.

The itinerery is superb and have looked at the tours available from the Seabourn site.

It should be really resplendant.

See you on board.

Kind regards,

Tony

Tony,

As I'll be on the Legend, Jan 16th, I was surprised to learn a month ago that The Panama Canal Authorities have increased the tax's to transit the Canal in 08~~from $107.32 to $687.27 ! This is per passenger, per transit~~~my friend J.B. will be aboard from Jan 16th to Feb. 27th, which means he'll pay Canal tax's 3 times!

Were you and Trevor notified as to this increase?

Smooth seas!

Martita B.

Martita B.

Thank you. Very interesting. No we were not informed. We are contacting Gerry ( unable to remember his surname) at Seabourn in the States. We thought that the cruise line paid and not the passenger.

Will apprise you when we get reply.

Kind regards

Tony

I certainly didn't pay any "tax" on top of my cruise fare when I took the Legend PC transit cruise last year. In fact, staff bragged about the fact that Seabourn paid extra (since Legend is a small ship by PC standards) to transit the canal during the day rather than at night, as would be normal for small ships. I would certainly resist any effort by Seabourn to pass on any "tax" increase directly to the pax at this late date because in the past it has been part of the overall fare.

As of Jan. 1, 2008 my understanding is the Canal Tax's will be paid by the passenger. This "news" was sent to me in an e-mail by my Travel Agent.

I feel the $687.27 is a tad high~~but it's now what the Canal Authorities are charging.:eek:

MB

Martita-If you were confirmed on your cruise before the tax increase took effect, the right thing for Seabourn to do would be to protect your fare on that cruise. If the tax is going to be a separate charge, pax should be given prior notice so that they can factor that into their own travel planning and budgeting. Are they going to lower your base fare to reflect the fact that the tax is no longer bundled into it?

cruiseyguy,

According to my TA my base fare remains the same. The Tax's will be added on. Seabourn just learned of the Canal Authorities increase shortly before we were all notified~~~sooo really we will just "bite the bullet!" The increase will be for all cruise lines~~~

Guess "they" can tack on these charges without question.

The Jan. 16th Legend Costa Rica-Ft. Laud voyage is sold out as it's Pam Conover's cruise~~we'll all enjoy the voyage, I know, in spite of the added on cost.

Martita B.

I'm booked on the Legend April Crossings for both 2008/2009 - the dates work better for me - March is always rather "tight" schedule-wise.

I'm sure Crystal808 will assist me in arranging some sort of Legendary "Gala"! :D

;) :D LOL!

back on topic:

My Volendam cruise in November '07 does a partial transit, and the tax per person was increased by approx. $109 above the quoted fare, which is added to my final payment. Just glad I'm going before 1/1/08!!!

Paul

proud to be promoted to Asst. Social Secretary for CruisinMatt

Archived