Pride of Amercia 6/23 to 6/30

Navy Sub Vet

:) We just returned from the cruise, 6/23 to 6/30, on the Pride of America and I can't say enough about how wonderful it was. We found none of the negative things that had been posted previously before we left. The ship was great. The crew was very friendly and did their jobs without complaint. The food was good and we didn't have a probelm with getting seated. We only went to one show and that was the comedian and he was really good. Hawaii was wonderful. We rented a car in every port except Kona. In Kona, we took a tour in a van that held only 5 people and it was great. They wait outside the gate at the port. $30 per person. Less than the ship's tour bus. We stayed on night in Waikik before that cruise and 3 nights after the cruise which really was a good idea. It helped with the jet lag of 5 hours difference. I would go again right away but will wait until next year. Don't let negative reviews keep you from taking this cruise.

Navy Sub Vet.

So glad to hear you had a good experience. It seems a few members are still on a campaign to smear NCLA and while I appreciate hearing all comments, good and bad, it seems some are repeatedly slamming NCLA and going way overboard. . pardon the pun!

I agree with you FabFam! I was on the PoAm in April and had a wonderful time and wondered the whole time what people were complaining about. The crew, service and food were great and we loved the islands. We're already starting to plan a second cruise on the Pride of America.

Wow! 2 nice reviews in one day - great to see! We also had a wonderful trip on this ship last year, its nice to see that others enjoyed it too!

:eek: Don't jinx this. :eek:

Watch someone else give a bad review later tonight, it'll get 50 responses over the next week, while these two good reviews sink quickly to pages two, three and four. :(

Knock on wood! ;)

Wow! I'm actually reading positive posts on the PoAm. I do have to say that I read all posts - the good, the bad, and the ugly. I am nevertheless looking forward to my upcoming PoAm cruise and hoping for more good than bad or ugly! :)

I'm so glad I finally saw a positive post. I booked POAM today despite all the negative reviews. I figured that even if the ship lacks the total pampered cruise experience, just how bad can HAWAII be. For me, this cruise is all about the islands and not the ship. This time around the ship is just a means of transportation to see so much of HAWAII without all the wasted sea days. So what if the dining room has a long wait -- it's not the only place on the ship to eat. What's wrong with grabbing a hamburger or going to the buffet? As long as the toilet works, they don't run out of tp, and there's hot water for the shower, it's all good. After all, it's HAWAII. Sure wish I could muster up a little excitement about going to HAWAII. ;)

I'm so glad I finally saw a positive post. I booked POAM today despite all the negative reviews. I figured that even if the ship lacks the total pampered cruise experience, just how bad can HAWAII be. For me, this cruise is all about the islands and not the ship. This time around the ship is just a means of transportation to see so much of HAWAII without all the wasted sea days. So what if the dining room has a long wait -- it's not the only place on the ship to eat. What's wrong with grabbing a hamburger or going to the buffet? As long as the toilet works, they don't run out of tp, and there's hot water for the shower, it's all good. After all, it's HAWAII. Sure wish I could muster up a little excitement about going to HAWAII. ;)

Come on now - a little less negativity and some more excitement, please! :rolleyes:

Archived