NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

The problem with a class action suit is that it would take years and in the end' date=' we'd all get a crappy upgrade and the lawyers would make millions. I've [i']never[/i] gotten anything worthwhile out of any of the class action suits I was party to. My last one with AMX, I got a check for $42 dollars, not even close to the amount they had overcharged me on several years' worth of foreign transactions.

I am not suggesting a class action suit!!! You are right, that you end up with nothing when you are a part of them. I am just saying that there a sooooo many people who do not keep track of their points or rewards, and they will just lose out, and not even know it. I am sending out a letter with all the copies tomorrow.

NCL has blown this one.

There was no communication between NCL and B of A. B of A sent NCL the point activity through each cardholders statement date in December. (So if you had December 31st as your closing date, then it was no problem.) If your closing date was earlier in December (like mine being December 4th) you currently will not receive any points from December 5 to December 31st.

So yesterday I received Five upgrades, no $500 certificate, but 5 upgrades. NCL thought by rounding up to the next 100 point reward nobody would be mad. They were wrong. But instead of NCL owning their error they are blaming B of A and they had B of A send out the incorrect rewards.

So I called in to NCL customer service and B of A Corporate in Charlotte and was told to send a letter to Tyron street. I stated I didn't have the time and I guess I needed to call the Attorney General in my state to take care of the issue. Also they didn't shoud assume that I was making an idol threat as I had worked on his election.

Within the hour both the B of A and NCL called me back, stated they made a mistake and they would issue me the $500 certificate. I can't write the phone numbers here as many of the phone numbers are unlisted and would be traced back to me.

So if you didn't get the rewards you deserve call customer service with NCL from 8 to 8 and demand to speak to a supervisor, mention this board posting, and you should get the reward you earned by 12/31/08. Don't let NCL have you call B of A this is 100% a NCL problem.:(:(:(

Maybe' date=' we should all send an email to the Pres/CEO of BOA. Flood his inbox with our complaints, see if that gets any action.[/quote']

Ok, here's the info for anyone interested:

Kenneth Lewis

Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President

ken.d.lewis@bankofamerica.com

Bank of America Corporation

100 N. Tryon St.

Charlotte, NC 28255

Maybe' date=' we should all send an email to the Pres/CEO of BOA. Flood his inbox with our complaints, see if that gets any action.[/quote']

I found some consumer complaint phone numbers, as well as the Yellow Page listing for Bank of America's Corporate Headquarters---

http://consumerist.com/consumer/phone-numbers/reach-bank-of-america-executive-customer-relations-259194.php

http://www.yellowpages.com/name/Charlotte-NC/Bank-of-America

Here's the CEO's address:

Mr. Kenneth D. Lewis

Chairman, CEO and President

Bank of America

100 N. Tryon Street.

Mail Code NC-1-007-18-01

Charlotte, NC 28255

Haven't recieved our certificates as yet on our two NCL BOA cards. However, if they are not accurate and BOA sends us upgrades instead of the 2 $500 reward certificates we're due, I will first notify the Attorney General's office of Tennesse and register a fraud complaint and then contact the BBC there to register a complaint.

Not sure if it will help, but it sure will make me feel better for complaining.:)

Dianne

I got my "final" rewards today for 1 of our cards---earned 504 [and had confirmed that with BofA last week when we reviewed my account and agreed it was inaccurate], got 3 upgrade certificates!!! I feel like it is their error since they were able to read me the rules last week--they just didn't follow them. I will follow up on this and get my $500 certificate but it is frustrating that THEY made this huge error and WE have to prove them wrong. By now they know what they've done [even if it was a programming error some some here have suggested], should review and fix each account and do the right thing.

So, I just called the number on the back of my card...was transferred to a second person [after the first wanted to send me to World Points but I said no thanks] and had my account reviewed by a Karen who said she could verify my points and that I did earn over 500 points before 12/31/08. She said she sent it to a research team who will investigate and respond to me in 5 business days. I asked if I can expect the $500 certificate then and she said she 'that's what it looks like".

I'm going to allow them time to do what was promised. I'll let you know what happens! What a mess they have created! I hope it was an honest mistake and not intentional. That would add insult to injury.

I spoke to two friends whose accounts were also messed up. One called BoA and was told that the calculations were done ONLY ON THE AMOUNT AFTER HIS DECEMBER STATEMENT, and rounded up, and upgrade certificates awarded accordingly. He was also told that in order to get the balance of what was on his December statement, he had to take copies and document everything and send them to the now-famous NCL rewards resolution Center, on TRYON street, Charlotte.

So different reps believe and are reporting different things, there is no consistency, and it sounds like we are expected to do all the work to get the rewards we are entitled to, and that they promised they would take care of.

He is going to call our state Attorney General tomorrow. Imagine the response we could get if everyone called their Attorney Generals. Or maybe even a few Consumer advocacy TV stations. If the individual consumer has not participated on this board and has no idea what's going on, he/she is more likely to just accept what BoA sent them and be done with it. I hope that's not what the intent was when this plan was issued this way, but it smells of something not quite legal to me. Or maybe legal, but defnitely unethical.

I hope that's not what the intent was when this plan was issued this way, but it smells of something not quite legal to me. Or maybe legal, but defnitely unethical.

You may be on to something. Think of all the money they can earn on our rewards just by postponing our payments by several weeks due to a "computer error.":eek:

This is just plain criminal. My husband and I both have NCL cards and both had balances greater than 500 points in December and got NO COMPASS REWARDS just an upgrade certificate for 100 points that they were sending automatically.

When I called BOA they insisted that I had to WRITE to them and give them all the facts in order to get this resolved.

Any ideas on how we can let NCL know how unhappy we are with what appears to be a MASSIVE COMPUTER ERROR.

NCL has blown this one.

There was no communication between NCL and B of A. B of A sent NCL the point activity through each cardholders statement date in December. (So if you had December 31st as your closing date, then it was no problem.) If your closing date was earlier in December (like mine being December 4th) you currently will not receive any points from December 5 to December 31st.

So yesterday I received Five upgrades, no $500 certificate, but 5 upgrades. NCL thought by rounding up to the next 100 point reward nobody would be mad. They were wrong. But instead of NCL owning their error they are blaming B of A and they had B of A send out the incorrect rewards.

So I called in to NCL customer service and B of A Corporate in Charlotte and was told to send a letter to Tyron street. I stated I didn't have the time and I guess I needed to call the Attorney General in my state to take care of the issue. Also they didn't shoud assume that I was making an idol threat as I had worked on his election.

Within the hour both the B of A and NCL called me back, stated they made a mistake and they would issue me the $500 certificate. I can't write the phone numbers here as many of the phone numbers are unlisted and would be traced back to me.

So if you didn't get the rewards you deserve call customer service with NCL from 8 to 8 and demand to speak to a supervisor, mention this board posting, and you should get the reward you earned by 12/31/08. Don't let NCL have you call B of A this is 100% a NCL problem.:(:(:(

I am unclear on how NCL can resolve this, since they don't have access to our credit card info.. Can you clarify? Also what time zone are the hours 8 AM to 8 PM?

Received our certs today:

One acct had a Dec closing balance of 484 and additional charges were posted before Dec 31 that would give an Jan 1 balance of 520. The correct certs were received (1 - $500 cert and 1 - priceless upgrade cert. :D

The second acct had a Dec closing balance of 544. The ONLY thing received for this acct was the ugrade cert. The letter said there were 2 points as of 12/31/08. I did call NCL and speak w/the latitudes dept. A very nice guy took my name, phone number, points missing info and said someone would investigate the problem. They would call back within 5 business days. Let the countdown begin...:D

Just as an FYI, these certs look different than the other ones. Also, there is space for 4 certs per page, not the usual one per page.

I am unclear on how NCL can resolve this, since they don't have access to our credit card info.. Can you clarify? Also what time zone are the hours 8 AM to 8 PM?

I just spoke w/Latitudes dept. They took info and said someone would investigate and call me back within 5 business days. Not sure if it will work or not, but I spent way less time on the phone than calling BoA.

I think NCL's call center is in Arizona, not sure if that's Mtn or Pacific time zone though. :o

I just spoke w/Latitudes dept. They took info and said someone would investigate and call me back within 5 business days. Not sure if it will work or not, but I spent way less time on the phone than calling BoA.

I think NCL's call center is in Arizona, not sure if that's Mtn or Pacific time zone though. :o

Did you have to give NCL Latitudes your MC #?????

OK, so I haven't gotten my certificates yet, but a friend got his today.

He had 1,512 points as of his December 13 closing date.

From December 13 to December 31, he had $135 in non-NCL spending. Multiply this by .03 and you get 4 points.

The letter he got said his December 31 point balance was 4 points, and they sent him an upgrade certificate.

He called BOA and they told him that the certificate he got covered the "loose points" at the end of December and that he would be getting his other certificates ($1,500 worth) in a week or two.

Has anyone else heard this explanation?

I don't think this is NCL's mistake. I think they redeem the certificates we send in to BofA--why would they want us to have less to use--they must get the $$$ back from the credit card company. I believe this is totally BofA's fiasco and could hurt NCL in the long run with earned certificates never cashed in on cruises that would have been scheduled if customers got their due rewards. NCL should

Well it looks like I get to join the crowd. I received my One Category Upgrade today... for 1882 points. moocow1981, what numbers did you call? I havenot been able to get anyone to answer at BoA or NCL numbers.

NCL has blown this one.

Count me in as another account screwed up. My statement clearly shows 531 points at the end of my Dec statement. Today I received 2 $100 certs. This is sooo frustrating. I hate the thought of the run-around phone call that I am about to put myself through. Will let everyone know how it turns out!

Count me in! I should have gotten 2 $500 certificates and 1 upgrade certificate! I got 1 upgrade certificate and that is it! What a pain. Luckily I downloaded the November and December statements back in November and January because when I looked at the statements at the BoA website they do not show the points! Gee! No surprise because BoA is screwed up!

Mine are not correct either. :(

Was expecting a $1000 in certificates on my card, and a $500 certificate on my wife's card.

Instead, they claimed I had only 2 points (got 100 point category upgrade), and my wife had 149 points (got two 100 points category upgrades).

I had hit the 1000 point limit back in November, so my December purchases were very limited as I switched to another card. My wife had not yet hit the 500 point number by the time of the December statement, but spent quite a bit of money in the last several weeks of the month to make up for it.

Bummer.

I just called the latitudes desk also. They are getting bomebarded with calls. I gave them my name, phone # and last 4 digits of my CC. and how many missing points. They told me they will investigate my account and call me back in 3-5 days. I was also told don't mail anything to Charlotte NC until I hear from them.