Category 12

wernew2cruising

Hi, the cat 12 rooms are very nice but they are also very dark with NO windows so it is easy to want to sleep all day in there.

I get claustaphobic ( spelling?) in there but my family likes them just fine.

But at night unless you bring a night light or leave a light on it will be pitch black, some kids arn't comfortable with that.

We are use to a balcony too. But if we need to budget we get the port hole rooms, cat 8 & 9 rooms. The light from the window makes it seem bigger and cheerier and I am ok with them. All the rooms on DCL ships are nice rooms.

mom x4,grandma x4

Can you get a cat 12 guarantee? I would try to get that instead if it is offered for your date. Then the worst you can do is a cat 12.

The cat 12s are 184 s.f. so they are large enough, just no window as someone pointed out.

Can you get a cat 12 guarantee? I would try to get that instead if it is offered for your date. Then the worst you can do is a cat 12.

The cat 12s are 184 s.f. so they are large enough, just no window as someone pointed out.

Wonder what the odds are of getting an upgrade from CAT 12 to an oceanview???

Wonder what the odds are of getting an upgrade from CAT 12 to an oceanview???

Obviously, it's possible. I read a post on another dis board that someone got fairy dust and got a category 9 OV, someone else was dissapointed they only got a category 10. Heck, I would be glad of a upgrade to 10 which is a bigger inside cabin than a 12 if I only paid for a 12.

It happens, no idea the odds though. Id bet not too often.

Obviously, it's possible. I read a post on another dis board that someone got fairy dust and got a category 9 OV, someone else was dissapointed they only got a category 10. Heck, I would be glad of a upgrade to 10 which is a bigger inside cabin than a 12 if I only paid for a 12.

It happens, no idea the odds though. Id bet not too often.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Maybe Tink will sprinkle some fairy dust my way. :) One can always hope.

Basically, I am just wondering about the darkness, since I have heard you can almost sleep a cruise away if you aren't careful. But hey, we will be on a Disney cruise no matter where we sleep!:)

Archived