In-Suite Dining Question - Voyageur

Robroy

My wife and I just booked our first Regent trip on the Voyageur in December. She has always been a big fan of a full breakfast on the balcony and we're wondering if this is possible?

By the way, we've thoroughly enjoyed the great information on this Board and are really looking forward to this experience. It does appear though that we may not be returning to Princess anytime soon though based on what we're read.........

Thanks in advance!

Rob

M She has always been a big fan of a full breakfast on the balcony and we're wondering if this is possible?

Yes, and with Mimosas (And Dinner from Compass Rose Menu, on the balcony also)

J

we just returned from our first regent cruise...monte carlo to barcelona. we were on the navigator, and enjoyed having dinner on our veranda for 4 of the evenings when we were at sea or at a beautiful port. we found that the service was actually better then in the restaurant, and you could eat at your own pace and outdoors with a beautiful view!! the only catch is that if you want the restaurant menu, you need to order when they are actually serving in the dining room. we would definitely cruise with regent again. unfortunately we misse two of our ports (porofino and st tropez), because of rough seas, but the captain made a very thoughtful and appropriate decision. Nobody really complained about it. i hope you enjoy your cruise.

We were on the Monaco to Barcelona cruise also and thoroughly enjoyed it. I hate being back!

Breakfast can be a feast if you wish! We stocked up on carbs and calories often but the gym is never far away!! The banana pancakes were to die for. Room Service service was excellent as BJ said!

Thanks to all for your quick and informative comments. Another dumb question from a Regent newbie......I understand that tipping is included in the fare but would one normally tip staff for room service?

We certainly want to keep in step with traditional procedures and I think it's better to ask here than take the wrong route while onboard.....

Thanks again! I must say the more we read, the more we're looking forward to the entire experience!

Rob

Rob,

You might as well have asked about smoking! You will get some heated debate here no doubt. That being said, all tips for shipboard staff are included in your fare and that assumes that you will make use of room service. (Ship's spa employees are not covered in the tipping, as that is not included in your fare.) We have never had an employee who brought room service who even acted like they would accept a tip. Likewise, I am sure will hear from plenty of people who will insist that one should tip the room service delivery person. I think it will have to be your call, but keep in mind that the RSSC service staff do not expect extra, or individual, tips at the time of service. Enjoy your cruise, Debbie

I never tips the room service.

The delivery actually consist of setting up the table with table cloth, unrolling the silverware and placing the napkin on your lap. For a few times, I told them to dump the whole tray on the bed and be gone, because I was in the shower and ran out all wet to open door for them. Wet person in airconditioned room is not good. The person actually was not that happy that he cannot setup for me:p.

Cindy

It seems the all-inclusive aspect seems to be just that. What a pleasant surprise! Again, thanks for the quick replies. My wife really enjoys breakfast in the cabin and with the variety noted it sounds like a great way to start off the day!

Offshore: thanks for the invite but we're out the week before on the 7th! This promises to be an enjoyable few months monitoring this board and picking up some great insights.

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Rob,

I have breakfast everyday in my cabin. The butler sets-up the table in the sitting area or on the bacony if I prefer. I hear it is the same for the standard cabins as well. My butler always showed up at the appointed time and entered the cabin annoucing himself. No need to open the door for him. Now this may be just because I have had the same cabin and butlers for numerous trips over the years and it's how I like it.

And yes, I do tip. Usually on a weekly basis.

Archived