Newbie - questions about Member Cruises and the Holidays

I'm still very new here and to cruising. I asked a question yesterday about holiday cruises and received some wonderful answers, and, as I keep browsing through the Cruise Critic site, I found the Members Cruises section and learned about them and how they work.

My question is: why aren't there any Cruise Critic Member Cruises scheduled for the holidays? Is it that none of the cruise lines want groups during the holidays or it's too hard to get space or is it some other reason?

And, yes, I now know that MANY people here on Cruise Critic are against the crowds, hassles, kids and higher prices - but what about those who are interested?

To me, it just seems like it's a shame that there aren't any available since we can't be the only family interested in cruising during the holidays.

What are you thoughts on this subject?

I'm still very new here and to cruising. I asked a question yesterday about holiday cruises and received some wonderful answers, and, as I keep browsing through the Cruise Critic site, I found the Members Cruises section and learned about them and how they work.

My question is: why aren't there any Cruise Critic Member Cruises scheduled for the holidays? Is it that none of the cruise lines want groups during the holidays or it's too hard to get space or is it some other reason?

And, yes, I now know that MANY people here on Cruise Critic are against the crowds, hassles, kids and higher prices - but what about those who are interested?

To me, it just seems like it's a shame that there aren't any available since we can't be the only family interested in cruising during the holidays.

What are you thoughts on this subject?

Someone tried to plan a CC members new years cruise on a Carnival ship, they had to cancel it due to lack of interest. Other than Valentines day, I dont think there have been many holiday group cruises.

You can feel free to try to put one together, maybe you will have more success.

Holiday seasons are high demand times for cruiselines so I think the severely limit the amount of groups.

Also, even when they allow groups the discounts aren't as great on already higher then normal prices, so there isn't much interest from members either.

I agree with big duck. If the price is higher than what I can go cruise by myself, since I dont really know anyone on CC personally, I would go on the cheaper date which is a non holiday date. I still have roll calls to meet some from CC.

Thanksgiving is about the only holiday that the price isnt jacked up from what Iv seen. People like to stay home for that holiday?

Archived