Nassau Excursions

dotshub

Good morning, We are sailing on September 16th with our 2 four and half year old grandsons and would like to find out if anyone can suggest a shore excursion. We are considering a glass bottom boat but would also like to do something else "fun" for them because I am sure they are not into the shopping thing. I really wanted to take them on a catameran (bad spelling) boat just for the ride. Has anyone been on one in Nassau.

Appreciate any suggestions. We just want this to be the "Best time ever" for our little ones.

Thanks, Dot

we have done the glass bottom boat at Nassau and it is ok but we really didnt see much and the stairs are steep for kids to navigate.

There is a wooden wall around the glass bottom and some kids had trouble seeing over it and parents had to help them to see better. I thought you might like to know this. It is a fun ride, a 2 story boat.

There is a horse and carriage ride through town that they may like, just to have something different to do. I think we paid $15 per person last week when we were there.

I havnt done the catamaran boat, sorry.

The aquarium at Atlantis is very good for kids. It has a neat theme and as you walk along the pathway the windows are floor to ceiling so kids can easily see the fish.

If you do the guided tour, they move very quickly but you can go back on your own by showing the bracelet they give you when you pay for it. Then you can really enjoy it. It is huge, some of it is outside too. Allow 3 hours to get there and do it and get back. Water taxi will take you there for about $4 per person but you will have a short uphill walk to get there.

A taxi will take you right up to the door for about the same price.

Ardastra gardens isnt an exciting place but it is a zoo of native animals from the area. They also have the marching Flamingos there to watch.

It is easy to catch a taxi at the port to go there or anywhere on the island.

Just allow plenty of time to get back because the traffic is terrible there in the afternoons an di fyou go on your own they will NOT wait for you!!

If you book an excursion through DCL they will wait if your late.

Hope this gives you a couple of ideas or helps you with info about the glass bottom boat. it does have a restroom aboard. The port building that you pass through at the end of the pier has restrooms too.

Of course Atlantis has them but lots of the town area doesnt have bathrooms or they are so dirty you wont want to use them.

When we take our grandkids I take a travel size hand sanitizer, toilet paper and seat covers of my own and we usually need them because many of the restrooms arnt stocked well. Just thought I would warn you.

have fun,

mom x4,grandma x4

• 3 weeks later...
Good morning, We are sailing on September 16th with our 2 four and half year old grandsons and would like to find out if anyone can suggest a shore excursion. We are considering a glass bottom boat but would also like to do something else "fun" for them because I am sure they are not into the shopping thing. I really wanted to take them on a catameran (bad spelling) boat just for the ride. Has anyone been on one in Nassau.

Appreciate any suggestions. We just want this to be the "Best time ever" for our little ones.

Thanks, Dot

We did the glass bottom boat tour and it was pretty good. The guide "Tony Boloney" was a hoot! But the walls on the bottom might be a little high. Riding on the top level was great and there was a lot of interesting facts givin on the way out to the site.

The carriage rides are a must do! They are $15 for adults, $10 for kids I think. Try and get Barbie Girl for the horse. The kids will love this!

Archived