Disembarking the Paradise

ladypalmtree

Do they have the colored luggage tags, that has a set time to get off? If I we carry our own luggage..can we get off sooner...I need to know if it is like Princess...because I hate sitting there for so long waiting for my color to get called...Thanks:cool:

yeah, they have a system called "self assist", you'll hear all about it at the debarkation talk in the lounge. It basically means that if you can carry off all your luggage by yourself, then you can do self assist and leave the ship by 7:30 am, then go thru customs and your outside basically by 8:20am.

VERY Easy self disembark on the Paradise. They will even make announcements that the line is now 10 minutes long, 20 minutes long etc.

Would you mind sharing your experience on the Paradise. I've been searching the boards trying to find as much info as I can. I'm considering the Paradise and based on the reviews I've read (some negative/some positive), there appear to be an issue with cleanliness of the ship. Even the positive reviews mentioned a problem with cleanliness. I'm really an easy going person so I don't believe some of the other not so positive comments I've read will be an issue for me but cleanliness would be. Things like food and the friendliness of crew members can be subjective but dirty tables and sticky floors don't fall in the subjective category. I would appreciate any info you're willing to give.

I came across this post using the search feature; if there is anyone else who reads this post and has been on the Paradise, please share your experience.

We were on the Paradise last month. I am a germaphobe. Not as bad as Howie Mandel, but I carry antibacterial wipes to wipe down yables and chairs for my kids. I know, I know, it's excessive.

The only dirty thing I saw was the life vests during the muster drill. ;) Other than that cleanliness was not a problem. Never felt the need to use the wipes. :)

We were on the Paradise in June and I didn't notice the ship being dirty. It's an older ship of course, but certainly not a dirty one. We enjoyed the cruise very much and would recommend the Paradise to anyone, keeping in mind it's not the newest or biggest ship on the seas. But, certainly a ship on which you can have a very fun cruise.

As far a self assist debarkation, it was the easiest I have ever experienced. The only snag was the customs guy we had. Of course - Murphy's Law - we got in the slowest moving line so it took a little longer than some, but even with that, we were out of there in no time.

Not sure what review you are reading that all say the ship is dirty. I went to the review page and could only find one or two. Anyway we were on it in May and the ship was old but very clean.

Been on Paradise 4 times in the last year. No cleaner or dirtier than any other ship. I bring a spray disinfectant(get at CVS for $1.79) for the life vests- they are terrible, as on every ship. I think people may find it dirty is because the shorter cruise seem to attract the kind of crowd.

as for disembarkation, I've always found that it takes about 45 minutes.

Thanks to each of you for your replies. You've put my mind at ease. I'm pretty sure I'll take this cruise and I know I'll have a wonderful time. I've been on some of the other older ships so a bit of typical wear and tear is expected. As for the life vests; I've come across quite a few "not so clean" :eek: life vests on several cruises so I too take a spray disinfectant.

Thanks again for your replies. :)

Would you mind sharing your experience on the Paradise. I've been searching the boards trying to find as much info as I can. I'm considering the Paradise and based on the reviews I've read (some negative/some positive), there appear to be an issue with cleanliness of the ship. Even the positive reviews mentioned a problem with cleanliness. I'm really an easy going person so I don't believe some of the other not so positive comments I've read will be an issue for me but cleanliness would be. Things like food and the friendliness of crew members can be subjective but dirty tables and sticky floors don't fall in the subjective category. I would appreciate any info you're willing to give.

I came across this post using the search feature; if there is anyone else who reads this post and has been on the Paradise, please share your experience.

Just found this post again. I DID have an issue with cleanliness on this ship! Now I am reading I was not the only one. I even wrote a letter to carnival outlining my issues. Main issue was lack of anti-bacterial wipes at the buffets -- I also witnessed lots of plain gross behavior at the buffets from drunk passengers.

I just got back from a trip on the Spirit and the cleanliness issue was 1000% better on the Spirit (ironic given that it was because of a Norovirus outbreak so the rumor goes).

In any event, book the Paradise. It's a wonderful ship and a great weekend or week long vacation. The staff was amazing. And self-disembark was great.

Archived