Serenade of the Seas 9258 or 1104????

We are sailing on the Serenade next year. We have aft cabin 9258 booked but I noticed that 1104 is open? Which one would you choose and why? If we choose 1104 will we hear a lot of noise from the Windjammer?

Thanks for the help and advise.

Tom

We are sailing on the Serenade next year. We have aft cabin 9258 booked but I noticed that 1104 is open? Which one would you choose and why? If we choose 1104 will we hear a lot of noise from the Windjammer?

Thanks for the help and advise.

Tom

Tom,

We were in 1104 on the Panama Canal transit this past April we didn't have any problems with noise from the WindJammer. We spent most of the time during transit on the balcony and most everyone was out on their balconies so it was noisey then but, in the evening and in the morning we really didn't notice any problems. We typically got up around 7 for breakfast. We'd book the cabin again. The only issue was the long walk to the elevators. :rolleyes: I can send pictures if you'd like.

d

Tom,

We were in 1104 on the Panama Canal transit this past April we didn't have any problems with noise from the WindJammer. We spent most of the time during transit on the balcony and most everyone was out on their balconies so it was noisey then but, in the evening and in the morning we really didn't notice any problems. We typically got up around 7 for breakfast. We'd book the cabin again. The only issue was the long walk to the elevators. :rolleyes: I can send pictures if you'd like.

d

Thanks for the information. I have a picture that shows both of the rooms and I have looked at the deck plans. It seems that 1104 balcony may be just a little bit bigger (could just be the way the ship is shaped) but being right in the middle might provide a better view.....

Thanks for the information. I have a picture that shows both of the rooms and I have looked at the deck plans. It seems that 1104 balcony may be just a little bit bigger (could just be the way the ship is shaped) but being right in the middle might provide a better view.....

The balcony actually had room for 2 lounges, 2 chairs and a small table. It was very roomy.

We could actually view the locks while sitting in the lounges although standing was better.

d

I have the opportunity to book 1604 for a Panama Canal cruise on the Brilliance next year. My only hesitation is that some posters suggested that there was noise/vibration early in the morning when docking. Also, since the cabin is directly below Windjammer breakfast tables/chairs, is there a problem with chair scraping that is heard from the cabin/balcony? That has been a problem in the past in other cabin locations under Windjammer.

this is 9260, which is directly below 1104 so they were identical, just different floor. But since we were in the center the balcony is slightly larger. We measured the balcony and it was 10 x 14. Our friends had 1104 and they heard nothing from above.

IMG_1108.jpg

Archived