No adult only areas on Freedom

lagbunch8

Did you all know that? I did not and I was amazed when I sailed in June. There was no adult only areas.(other than bars) Even the Karokie(sp?) which states is "over 18 only" in the caper had children. Is this a new trend for Carnival? There were many more children on the Freedom this year than on the Liberty last year. I have 2 Carnival cruises booked but, I don't know if I will book them again after those. I have 6 children--I'm not a child hater but, my goodness it's nice to get away from them from time to time. I cruise with out my kids to get some "me" time. If I am forced to be around children the whole cruise I might as well stay home lol. At least I can control my own kids. :D

Did you all know that? I did not and I was amazed when I sailed in June. There was no adult only areas.(other than bars) Even the Karokie(sp?) which states is "over 18 only" in the caper had children. Is this a new trend for Carnival? There were many more children on the Freedom this year than on the Liberty last year. I have 2 Carnival cruises booked but, I don't know if I will book them again after those. I have 6 children--I'm not a child hater but, my goodness it's nice to get away from them from time to time. I cruise with out my kids to get some "me" time. If I am forced to be around children the whole cruise I might as well stay home lol. At least I can control my own kids. :D

I agree with you but it would be hard to see Carnival restrict access to other adult areas. They can't seem to enforce their own rules. An example of this is chair hogging, and as you mentioned, the karaoke bar. I could only suggest taking a cruise on a different line or go at a different time of year.

Yes I know that which is one reason that I am finding it hard to book Carnival FREEDOM and expecting the same ammenities as RCCL Freedom of the Seas.

I LOVE the adult only areas on Freedom of the Seas. Their solarium and centilever hot tubs are pure heaven!

I think I got spoiled on some RCCL ships that have that feature so now I missed it when it's not there. :(

Hi Mary. I'm sailing with you next year on the Splendor. I think you'll find that going in September (as we are) there will be few kids. We did the Carnival Liberty in Sept. 2005 and the Carnival Freedom in April of this year. On the Liberty there were only about a half dozen kids, probably due to school, and on the Freedom this year there were only about 30. Neither time were they a problem at all. I do know what you mean as we did a Bermuda cruise in August one year and the ship seemed taken over by the teenagers. Anyway, I think you'll find a difference when we go on the Splendor next year so don't give up on Carnival yet. Cheers, Marilyn

All cruise lines should devote a whole floor to adult only including a dining room.

Then every cruise line should devote a whole deck to children only, including a dining room. ;)

I think having an adult only pool and pool area would be nice. Royal Caribbean and Disney have this, which is nice.

The karaoke is up to the karaoke host to enforce. Max on the Sensation years ago was the best. He made the annoucement at the very beginning of the session and held to his guns. But they did have a family hour one afternoon.

No one minds if the 30 minutes for a "family" time, so that Grandma can hear Sparky sing Twinkle Twinkle. But I don't pay for a cruise to babysit someone else's kids and I certainly don't want to hear 3 hours of Mary Had a Little Lamb. Camp Carnival has their own karaoke!

One karaoke host even used "the threat of letting the kids sing" if adults did not start signing up...I have never seen so many adults volunteer so quickly!

I've never been on any ship that banned children from attending karaoke, only from participating (except during specified times as noted in LHP's post above). You have to expect that there will be a lot of kids on Carnival ships in the summer. There were very few on the Legend in December.

I've never been on any ship that banned children from attending karaoke, only from participating (except during specified times as noted in LHP's post above). You have to expect that there will be a lot of kids on Carnival ships in the summer. There were very few on the Legend in December.

You may be correct that the stated "18 and over" may be for participation.

All the Fantasy class ships are going in to drydock for major overhauls. Once complete they are all supposed to have a dedicated adults only area.

All the other ships (except the Freedom and Holiday class ships) still have the adults only area on the Funnel Deck. On the Freedom it is a mini-putt.

You are correct. Everyone is welcome to sit and listen. Although Max did warn that some of the songs played got a litte "interesting" (as he put it) and that he was not responsible for what their little ears heard.

He said it probably wasn't anything they did not hear every day...but he wanted to give that disclaimer!

What "adult only" thing do you want to do at the Karaoke bar? And if there are kids sitting there, what difference does it make? I won't take my kid to the cigar lounge, but karaoke?!!! I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just want to understand why you think it's innapropriate for parents to take their kids to karaoke is all.

Then every cruise line should devote a whole deck to children only, including a dining room. ;)

I think having an adult only pool and pool area would be nice. Royal Caribbean and Disney have this, which is nice.

Wouldn't that be Camp Carnival and the upstairs deck of the Lido for dining?? I would give entire decks to kids all day long if that meant they wouldn't bother me on my decks :) :)

The only times I have seen karaoke is in a BAR. A bar equals ALCOHOLIC DRINKS. I, for one, believe that children have no business being in a bar whether at sea or at home. JMHO

All the "bars" on a cruise ship are really multi-purpose rooms. Camp Carnival uses them during the day (of course .. no drinking) and then karaoke or trivia or some other "activity" uses them in at night.

I have no problem with children being at karaoke. It is when they (or their parents) want them to take over the mic, stage etc that I draw the line.

If the kids want to sit there and watch people have fun...I have no problem with that. The kids are not going to see any more drunks than they will see on the Lido deck.

The only times I have seen karaoke is in a BAR. A bar equals ALCOHOLIC DRINKS. I, for one, believe that children have no business being in a bar whether at sea or at home. JMHO

Cruiseship bars are not seedy, at least not the ones I've been to. Adults drink alcohol in bars and at home, my kid is aware of that already. So the alcohol isn't a good reason for me.

I'm pretty sure that on the Spirit Class ships the Aft pools are Adult only... so at least one of your next two cruises will have a dedicated adults only area.

The pool and hot tubs themselves, not the area.

Apparently on the Spirit itself, it is only the hot tubs.

Does Destiny have adults only areas?? I love kids - I have 3 of my own but this vacation is for mom & dad and I am looking forward to adults only time & entertainment!!

Carnival is a family cruise line, they appeal to young families who often go with their children. Having tried Princess I can tell you it's possible to not see many children on a cruise ship. But with Carnival, especially during school vacation, you shouldn't be surprised to see lots of kids. It's like resenting a dog for not being a cat.

Carnival is a family cruise line, they appeal to young families who often go with their children. Having tried Princess I can tell you it's possible to not see many children on a cruise ship. But with Carnival, especially during school vacation, you shouldn't be surprised to see lots of kids. It's like resenting a dog for not being a cat.

RCCL and Disney are also huge "family" lines (you don't get any more family that Disney) and they BOTH manage to have adult only areas. IMHO, this is not an unreasonable request.

I didn't know that about Carnival (first cruiser) and we are sailing the end of January so hopefully that isn't during any school vacations. And I don't resent anyone - We are just taking our first vacation in 17yrs alone without our children for our 25th Anniversary and I was hoping for adult only time. Before this it was Disney or some other "kid" themed vacation so this one is just for us.

RCCL and Disney are also huge "family" lines (you don't get any more family that Disney) and they BOTH manage to have adult only areas. IMHO, this is not an unreasonable request.
At the prices they charge, I would imagine Disney would have to do something like that to entice the adults to cruise with them. ;)

After sailing on Carnival Disney was a sheer pleasure. When it says adults only Disney means ADULTS ONLY. I just wish Carnival would become this strict. The hot tubs are a joke. As an adult who likes the hot tub they are always an issue for me. You ask the kids to leave and they just look at you stupid or their parents smart off to you. You ask a Carnival person and they just ignore you. THis is always and will more then likely be an issue for Carnival. I just want an adult area to be an adult area.....

Archived