Another newbie question - Dinner the first night & Seafood buffet question

Ugly Betty Fan

Is the first night open seating? Meaning not necessarily your assigned table with your assigned wait team? If so, is it better to go the buffet the first night?

I also keep reading about the Seafood Buffet. It seems like it is only offered at the buffet, and, only the first night. It sounds yummy and like it shouldn't be missed. Can you give me a little more detail about it. I'll be on Caribbean Princess in July, 08 and Grand Princess in December, 08.

I'm hoping both offer this option

Yes it is open seating the first night. :)

INMHO it is never better to go to the buffet unless it is the first night and the seafood buffet. Do both. ;)

Oh wow, we can do that? We're can do BOTH the buffet and the dining room? I think I'm going to like this cruising stuff!! :D

If you like to eat, a cruise is for you. You can eat at any time of the day, they have 24 hour Room service. But yeah, do the buffet at 5, then go to dining room for dinner, grab a pizza or burger and then for a night cap, call room service. I'm not sure what you can get from RS though.

If you like to eat, a cruise is for you. You can eat at any time of the day, they have 24 hour Room service. But yeah, do the buffet at 5, then go to dining room for dinner, grab a pizza or burger and then for a night cap, call room service. I'm not sure what you can get from RS though.

This way you can be sure to have gained weight:D

UBF,

I'd go to my assigned table on the first night to get acquainted with the tablemates. As Colo Cruiser noted above, you can go to the buffet and dining room both if you really want to. But while the buffet is always excellent, keep in mind that the food is sitting in a heated tray for who-knows-how-long while the food in the dining room is cooked to order.

Yes it is open seating the first night. :)

INMHO it is never better to go to the buffet unless it is the first night and the seafood buffet. Do both. ;)

It's been 3 years since my cruise on the CB. It is now open seating on the first night? I don't remember that being the case when we sailed.:confused:

Bill

Archived