Stockholm Card

ToBe

We will have two days in Stockholm before our cruise. I have read about the Stockholm Card. We arrive @ 5:30 PM and am considering buying one on line. When and where can you pick one up using a voucher? Is it easier or possible to buy it when you arrive?

We would appreciate any help and advice:)!

Temma

We will have two days in Stockholm before our cruise. I have read about the Stockholm Card. We arrive @ 5:30 PM and am considering buying one on line. When and where can you pick one up using a voucher? Is it easier or possible to buy it when you arrive?

We would appreciate any help and advice:)!

Temma

I somehow forgot to buy the card online until it was too close to departure to rely on mailing. As a result, we spent an hour getting to the Sweden House TI (it does have excellent information and a great gift shop) to buy it (and also spent money for the bus to get there which would have been covered if I already had it). Friends that purchased it online were able to start their sightseeing immediately.

Stockholm, Sweden

We only had one day in Stockholm & would have enjoyed at least 2. It was quite easy to tour on your own. Hop-on Hop-off tours are available. Had we had more time we would have used them.

Tourist information is available on the pier. We were able to leave the ship & immediately get on a water taxi. Your ticket is for a round trip fare.

Our first stop was the Vasa museum. This is a MUST see. They have a 25 minute movie that tells the story of the Vasa. It is very interesting.

Next we went to the Nordic Museum which is directly behind the Vasa. It was OK but with our limited time we wished we had skipped it.

We then caught another water taxi. Another fare had to be paid because it was going to a different destination. The fares are quite reasonable.

Our next stop was the Royal Palace. Changing of the guards starts at about 11:45, which we missed. We took the complete self guided tour which includes a trip to the treasury to see the royal jewels, the apartments of state, the palace, museum of antiquities & the armory.

Our last stop was the German Church. Then back to the water taxi & back on ship for a 4:00 sailing.

This is the website for Stockholm Card:

http://www.stockholmtown.com

They charge 40SEK per processing (not per card) for handling and shipping to the US. It takes a little bit more than a week. I noticed that you are sailing on 7/21. Therefore, it can be too late for you to order on-line.

This is a list of locations that you can purchase Stockholm Card when you are in the city:

http://www.stockholmtown.com/templates/StockholmsCard____10001.aspx

You may be able to purchase right at your hotel if it is in the list.

I will suggest that you plan ahead and calculate the cost to see whether you should purchase 24-hr card, 48-hr card, or simply pay individual entrance fees. You can find all the information you need from the above website.

Enjoy your vacation!

This is the website for Stockholm Card:

http://www.stockholmtown.com

They charge 40SEK per processing (not per card) for handling and shipping to the US. It takes a little bit more than a week. I noticed that you are sailing on 7/21. Therefore, it can be too late for you to order on-line.

This is a list of locations that you can purchase Stockholm Card when you are in the city:

http://www.stockholmtown.com/templates/StockholmsCard____10001.aspx

You may be able to purchase right at your hotel if it is in the list.

I will suggest that you plan ahead and calculate the cost to see whether you should purchase 24-hr card, 48-hr card, or simply pay individual entrance fees. You can find all the information you need from the above website.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thank you for the lists. Our hotel is not on the list but is near a sale site and I am sure that the staff at the hotel will give us directions.

Temma

Archived