NYC Embarkation Time Question

wulicny

I have a question about embarkation on the QM2 in NYC that I have nott seen asked before.

What is the earliest time I can drop my luggage off at the pier?

I understand that it is unlikely that I will be able to enter the ship prior to 11:30 am, but I would like to drop off my luggage with the steveadores, head out for a liesurely breakfast, then return in the early afternoon for embarkation.

Thanks for your help!

Bill

If you are going to so early that you intend to go venture out for breakfast, I think you are going to be going against the tide, so to speak. At that time there are going to be 2800 people GETTING OFF and all of the porters will be quite occupied with them. 10:30-ish you should be OK (then you can go out for brunch). Keep in mind also, there is vertually nothing right there near the peir that is walkable, like a restaurant.

Marco,

Good point! Thanks. I hadn't thought of the returning cruisers. We are going to get a limo for a few hours to take us to breakfast then to the ship. I was thinking that maybe I would go with the limo to the port, drop off luggage, then return to the hotel to pick up the other three in my party.

But, it sounds like maybe we should have a car pick us up, take us to breakfast, then back to the hotel to check out and pick up our luggage, then on to the ship around noon.

Bill

Archived