Fairbanks Hot Air Balloon

Curly-Q

Has anyone experienced the hot air ballon ride in Fairbanks (going in August). Have the contact, just want to see what you thought about it, if it was a great experience or just so-so. Thanks!

It was my first and only balloon ride, so it was pretty cool to see how the whole process works. It's not a Misty Fjords flight, but worthwhile anyway. For those of you who haven't seen this option, [url="http://www.alaskaballoontours.com/"]http://www.alaskaballoontours.com/[/url]

Murray

Yukon Thank you,thank you sooo very much.It has always been a dream of mine to go hot air ballooning and have been waiting for a great place to do it. Fairbanks should be the perfect place. I will call them as soon as I get home from work. Thanks again for the info. I am so excited. Ann

Thanks Curly Q and Yukon - one for the idea and the other for the web site. Visited their web site and contacted them - looks interesting. Flight times are around 6am and 9 pm, cost $150 pp. They will provide transportation from hotels at $10 pp. They recommend 3-4 week advanced reservations. Thinking about surprising my son with this as a "one last thing to do" in Alaska.
Sue

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the encouragement Yukoner.I am so excited.I have wanted to do hot air balloon for a very long time.I never saw it offered in Carribean and flying over Pompano Beach Fla did not seem too exciting.Can't wait.

Archived