Pearl out of Seattle

tootieb

We will be leaving out of Seattle on Sunday, August 19th for Alaska, it's our first cruise with our best friends. We'll be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and can hardly wait. The ship sets sail at 4 p.m. what time can we actually board the ship. Also, has anyone on this trip had problems ordering a bar set up for their room? Thank you in advance, we are afraid we are going to become cruise ship addicts!! Love the message boards!

last sept (on the NCL star) my family got there about 1, but had to drop the cars off at a daughter's house and such. by time we got there and met up with them (just after 2pm) and docks were starting to look like a ghost time, most were aboard.

you can easily get on any time after 1pm. many times earlier then that, depending on how early the passengers got off.

We were on the Pearl in May. We dropped the rental car off at about 10:30 and the shuttle had us to the pier by about 10:45. By the time we went through customs and checked in, it was about 11:15 -- maybe a touch earlier.

After they issued your key card, they gave you a number that assigned you to a boarding group. There was seating available in the terminal, and drinks and cookies to tide you order till you could board the ship ;) . I think we were in the #5 group, and we were on the ship shortly before noon. The rooms weren't ready yet, but you were free to wander the public areas of the ships and grab some lunch.

It was by FAR the most organized boarding that I've ever experienced.

After they issued your key card, they gave you a number that assigned you to a boarding group. There was seating available in the terminal, and drinks and cookies to tide you order till you could board the ship ;) . I think we were in the #5 group, and we were on the ship shortly before noon. The rooms weren't ready yet, but you were free to wander the public areas of the ships and grab some lunch.

It was by FAR the most organized boarding that I've ever experienced.

I second ute_fan's comments. We were on the Pearl the end of June. We made it on before noon and went to the Garden Cafe (buffet area) with our carry-on bags. They kept us away from our rooms to give the stewards uninterrupted time to make up the rooms (which we had no problems with). If you get on early enough, you can actually find a nice seat to watch people get on. We sat towards the stern (by the latte/cappuccino machines) and had a great time with a leisurely lunch until they released the rooms about 1:00. By that time it was getting crowded in the cafe.

Pete

One other little comment. The Summer Palace (main restaurant, aft, enter from deck 7) willl also be open for lunch. They usually try to steer you to the buffet, and the result is that the main restaurant tends to be much less crowded.

I find it easier to sit where someone can serve me if I'm still toting around my carry-on stuff. When we sailed, they wouldn't let us to our room to put it down until the room was ready. I think that may depend on which crew member is "guarding" the entrance to your cabin hallway.

Archived