Confused on what to do in Grenada

PhinsAndGills

We're water people. Our 7 day cruise has limited snorkel opportunities. Is the snorkeling worth it in Grenada or should we be looking at something else to do? I really like everyones recommendations of Mandoo, but I'm afraid it's a little too "tame" for my group. We're pretty active. We do like our rum and wouldn't mind going to a distillery?

Also, what currency do the locals accept? Are we going to need to exchange our US dollar to shop in the local areas?

THANKS for any info you can provide.

Hi! Won't be in Grenada myself until late October, but from all of the reading I have done on this site and others, I do not think Grenada is really known for it's snorkeling...rainforest, spices, and other spectacular scenery seem to be what it has to offer - we can't wait, even though we too, love to snorkel. Since you mentioned Rum, check out the Antoine River Rum Distillery - Google it, since I don't have the exact website. This apparently is the oldest distillery in the northern hemisphere -- seems really cool - the rum is 69 or 70% proof. I believe you will have the opportunity to purchase it there, as it is only made in limited quantities. I'm not sure how you would get there - if you post that question on these boards, I'm sure someone will know - or perhaps your cruise offers it as an excursion. In any case, it is located in the northern part of the island, so in getting there you will see some of the beautiful scenery mentioned above. Hope that helps! :)

Archived