A bit early but anyone interested in a CC group to Alaska in 2009?

DcJohn

Interested in a Cruise Critic group to Alaska in 2009?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Interested in a Cruise Critic group to Alaska in 2009?

• No sorry can't make it or not interested
    • Yes - I'm open to anytime and any date
    • Yes - in late May
    • Yes - in June
    • Yes - in July
    • Yes - in August
    • Yes - in September
    • Northbound
    • Southbound
    • Roundtrip

This is actually a two part question. My first question is when will the 2009 Alaska schedule be released?

The second question is the poll - is anyone here interested in trying to get a CC group formed for 2009 to Alaska?

Also please note you can vote not only for the month but additionally if you prefer northbound, southbound or roundtrip.

Love to do any kind of Alaska cruise although flying into Seattle would certainly be cheaper for me, Also, I'm in finance so it would have to be mid-month but any month :p

Princess has just released pricing for the rest of Alaska '08...so this poll while you may get some interest would probably jar folks' memory more if it was posted some time this winter???? I.e. it's going to be nearly a year (or possibly a year bec. not all Alaska rates are released at the same time by Princess) before you will be able to get any pricing at all...

I am not saying take this poll down, just make a note to do one in say Jan/Feb '08 when you might get a more accurate "head count">>>>????

A bit early to be thinking ahead to 2009 but, I'm not saying no. Alaska is one of my "must visit" places. However, as suggested, you might get better response after prices have been released and that sounds like it's going to be a while before that happens.

Don't take this as a damper on your idea, just bookmark it and bring it back to life on occassion.

I'm sure you won't have any trouble filling group space since Alaska is such a popular destination.:)

I vote for July. And either Southbound or roundtrip from San Francisco. Agreed that it's early to have this posted but, certainly will book it if it does become a CC group.

I'm subscribing to the thread to keep an eye on how things progress.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but, how does a CC group work? I know I saw it some place but, I can't find it again. Also, say we have our own "subgroup" of 8 or more cabins, can we still book with the CC group if it's a good deal?

We did the round trip from Seattle 2 years ago and would like to go again - most likely a bit different itinerary. We're doing the full transit Panama Canal cruise in Apr 2008 so Alaska in 2009 sounds just fine :-) We'll keep watching for more info.

Archived