jantra

• 1 month later...

I wanted to add about Enterprise Car rental here for your information:

Enterprise is now located in Cape Canaveral where Hertz once was

Address is:6211 North Atlantic Avenue, Cape Canaveral 32920

Phone number is 321-866-0324

fax number is 321-866-0325

http://www.enterprise.com/

The General Manager is Shakeira Tennort and what a sweetie - she said they have 4 shuttles to and from the port - open at 7AM and closes at 6PM - right now they are closed on Sunday, but as soon as she gets an assistant manager, they will be open 7 days a week. She will call me as soon as it happens which should be any day now.

Always

Shirley

If you are using a rental car, be aware of this service station in Orlando - this was taken off another board, but I felt you needed to be made aware of the situation.

Always

Shirley

Warning if you rent a car in Orlando!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM LOCAL 6 WEBSITE, ALSO PICKED UP NATIONALLY ON DRUDGE REPORT

Motorists Furious Over $4.50 Gas Near Orlando International Airport

Messages, Curse Words Written On Pumps

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Some outraged motorists have scrawled warning messages and curse words on gas pumps after paying up to $4.50 for a gallon for gasoline at a station near Orlando International Airport.

Residents and tourists said they were shocked to see the gas prices at the Landing Strip gas station located on Semoran Boulevard, just north of the airport.

"I didn't even look until I pulled up and I went, 'Holy cow,'" driver Julie Melser said.

There are no signs advertising the high prices at the station.

"So, what do you think about (the high prices)?" WKMG reporter Tony Pipitone asked.

"We're leaving is what we think about it," a motorist said.

Some people improvise after noticing the gas prices.

"I've already swiped my card so I'm getting $1 and I'm out of here," driver Dave Emerick said. "I'll try to make it to the next (gas station). This is ridiculous."

WKMG asked station manager Bob Barnes how he can get away with charging the prices when other gas stations are charging $2.60 or $2.70 a gallon.

"Well, mainly it is volume," Barnes said. "As you can see, the pumps are practically full. Everybody knows what the price is because they have to hit the little lever and they see the price above the lever. And that is how you get away with it."

The Landing Strip is the closest gas station to Hertz and Thrifty car rental returns and the last pumps before the airport.

"It seems like corporate greed," motorist Mark Ferguson said. "Wow, this is just a classic rip-off."

The high prices are not illegal since the state says businesses can charge whatever the market bears for gasoline, unless the governor has declared an emergency.

And, gas stations are not required to erect gas signs showing how much customers will pay, the report said.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

nice-- great info!!!

Ill be there in 20 days!!! ... cant wait...

keep getting nervous though that something is going to get screwed up and im gonna miss the boat...

im going to taxi it over to the port since it seriously is the FASTEST way possible.. unless of course i get there completely on time and we can go down and rent a car...

were def going to rent a car for sunday the return though.. considering our flight doesnt leave until 630 ehehe

nice-- great info!!!

Ill be there in 20 days!!! ... cant wait...

keep getting nervous though that something is going to get screwed up and im gonna miss the boat...

im going to taxi it over to the port since it seriously is the FASTEST way possible.. unless of course i get there completely on time and we can go down and rent a car...

were def going to rent a car for sunday the return though.. considering our flight doesnt leave until 630 ehehe

If you are talking about a taxi from Orlando airport keep in mind it is 45 miles and will call you a fortune.

Plenty of time for cheaper ways but you decide. if you take a cab I would get the price before you get in.

what would you do .... im just nervous with the time of the year.. storms.. bla bla bla yano....

Thanks so much for your advice i really appreciate it~;)

I would rent a car. Use Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, Avis, or Enterprise. All of them are 5 minutes from the port. The drive from MCO is a straight shot for 45 miles and just past the ships are the rental companies. One of the easiest in the country.

That being said a vacation is supposed to be a stress reducer. If a cab does that for you I suggest that. Just take my advice and get the cost in advance. Dont let them turn on the meter.

I would rent a car. Use Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, Avis, or Enterprise. All of them are 5 minutes from the port. The drive from MCO is a straight shot for 45 miles and just past the ships are the rental companies. One of the easiest in the country.

That being said a vacation is supposed to be a stress reducer. If a cab does that for you I suggest that. Just take my advice and get the cost in advance. Dont let them turn on the meter.

okay so if i rent a car... do they pick us up at the airport?? .... since its only 5 mins from the port...im assuming they do right??

okay so if i rent a car... do they pick us up at the airport?? .... since its only 5 mins from the port...im assuming they do right??

The rental company busses run all the time through the airport. When you turn your car in here they will take you to the ship. From the time you get your bags you should be getting on the ship less than 2 hours later. Cars can be less than $30.00. Shop Around.

You could also consider a Lincoln Town Car, with driver for $70+ driver grat. if theres 2 people to split the cost, maybe that's an option. They meet you at baggage claim and handle it from there.

You could also consider a Lincoln Town Car, with driver for $70+ driver grat. if theres 2 people to split the cost, maybe that's an option. They meet you at baggage claim and handle it from there.

i thought about that thanks =)

but theres 4 of us... 2 couples.. sooo hmmmm im decidin~

Rent a car that has a location at the Orlando airport. You check in and walk acroos the street to pick up your car.

Otherwise I would go with Arts Shuttle - 1 to 4 people for $70.00. They will be waiting for you at luggage pick up and take you straight to the port.

All the info is on this thread.

Good Luck

If you call Art's Shuttle remember do tell them you are off the CC board and they will give you 10% off - if they don't know about it, ask for the owner Judy and she will tell them since that is what she told me she would offer in your behalf and no strings attached.

Always

Shirley

okay so i were to rent a car for the day of....i rent it from orlando airport??? then we drive it over to the ship..... then where do we turn it in??? im confused on how it works....

then i was reading to rent one from port c.??? ahh help

okay so i were to rent a car for the day of....i rent it from orlando airport??? then we drive it over to the ship..... then where do we turn it in??? im confused on how it works....

then i was reading to rent one from port c.??? ahh help

Real Easy. Just past the port the road will go from expressway to a regular road and all the agencies we have mentioned will appear with Hertz 1st. Each of the companies will then shuttle you to the ship.

Real Easy. Just past the port the road will go from expressway to a regular road and all the agencies we have mentioned will appear with Hertz 1st. Each of the companies will then shuttle you to the ship.

but would that require me to taxi over there anyway??? or do they pick you up from the airport??? ..

sorry blonde here -- hehe

but would that require me to taxi over there anyway??? or do they pick you up from the airport??? ..

sorry blonde here -- hehe

You fly into Orlando, rent a car from Hertz, Budget, Avis, whoever. You then drive to Port Canaveral where you return the car at the agency office, they will give you directions when you rent the car. You then take the rental car's shuttle directly to the port. After your cruise, get on the shuttle to the rental office, get a car, drive to airport and return the car. It is a very easy process BUT there might be one HUGE problem. Is anyone in your group 25 yrs old? I don't think any of the rental companies will rent to someone under 25.

Edited to add: I just looked at some of the agencies and you can rent if you are 21 or over but some have a surcharge for renters 21-24.

Archived