Cigars & Liquor

Frannie9210

We bought our booze at Goslings in Hamilton. They have a good selection, and the prices seemed pretty good to me.

Just a word of warning, though: We bought two bottles of rum. You only receive the liquor on the last night of the cruise, two days after you've left Bermuda. We got our bag and there was only one bottle of rum in it. So, too late for us to fix the problem, we couldn't refuse to pay the credit card, since we paid in cash - we were stuck. Granted, it wasn't much money, but it was annoying. So if you buy more than one bottle, have them box the bottles up or tape them together, and pay by credit card!

Can't help you with the cigars, I'm afraid. I did see some cuban cigars for sale in a shop along Front Street, but I don't know about prices.

Lisa

You are usually as well off buying booze from the ship when your only port is Bermuda. As much as I love Bermuda there are no great liquor prices there. Check the price on board and then check again in Bermuda and buy the best price you find (which I bet will be the ship).

On our 6/23 cruise, members of my party priced the booze in bermuda and it was cheaper on the ship.

It depends on what you want - I didn't see any Gosling's Black Seal rum on the ship, and that it what I was after! (Maybe they had some and I didn't see it?) I agree it does pay to shop around.

Lisa

It depends on what you want - I didn't see any Gosling's Black Seal rum on the ship, and that it what I was after! (Maybe they had some and I didn't see it?) I agree it does pay to shop around.

Lisa

Thats true, I didn't think of that. I believe they were purchasing Jack Daniels. I didn't see the rum either. But what they bought was cheaper on the ship.

You do realize its illegal to bring Cuban cigars back into the US? If you are caught, they will be confiscated.

Anyway, since Cuban cigars are legal in Bermuda, I'm sure any cigar shop will have them for sale.

Good luck.

Archived