Day pass to a resort??

vacationseeker

hi all!! for the gc suites, what does the $25 day pass include?

it includes use of the pool, towel & beach area with the really nice chairs, which are by the pool & beach. The last time we were there in Sept. a hurricane had just skimmed by & was still pretty windy. The pool was the perfect place to hang out as it blocked the wind. I have to say my favorite thing about this location is the restaurant called Hemingway's. If you read the other posts you'll get the idea on how much I love this place. We have eaten there at least 7 times over the years. Always getting Conch Fritters & Crab Cakes. Each & every time they have always been just as good as the first time & that's saying a lot about a tourist area.

Thanks Gracie, SOLD! We were trying to figure out what to do at GC with our day, but I think a daypass at Grand Cayman Beach Suites is the ticket. One small question - it would be two adults and a 4 year old and a 6 month old...is that acceptable there? I hate to feel like I put upon people with our small kids. Just looking for your opinion. We'd be on the beach for a few hours at most. THanks!

I think kids that age are fine. We had our 8 year old. He likes a pool better then the beach so it was perfect. Even though my picture several posts up only shows one pool there are actually two. I think they each had a shallow section. I also don't think they charge for kids under 2. Our 8 year old was 1/2 price.

I just want to make sure you know that you do not need a day pass to enjoy the beach. Unless you really want a pool you can go to Sea Grape or Royal Palms and use their beach for free. Just wanted to make sure that people are aware that Grand Cayman is not like some other islands where you have to pay to use the beach.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

I just want to make sure you know that you do not need a day pass to enjoy the beach. Unless you really want a pool you can go to Sea Grape or Royal Palms and use their beach for free. Just wanted to make sure that people are aware that Grand Cayman is not like some other islands where you have to pay to use the beach.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

How much does a chair and an umbrella cost to rent at Sea Grapes or Royal Palms?

just so I'm clear, we taxi to GC Beach Suites, get the day pass at front desk for $25pp. By chance no passes are available, there is another beach location next door, obviously within walking distance?? Just don't want to deal with getting another cab if no pass available. Then again, once in port I guess we could call before we even leave dockside. Thanks for the info.

cruisinlawn - If I remember correctly the cayman beach suites is right next to the Lacovia condos that we spent a week at in July. I walked toward town almost every morning so I could watch the cruise ships come in. Our daughter got married on the beach at the Reef Grill and we walked back to the condo after the reception. There was a full moon and it was just beautiful. The beach up to the high water mark is "public" so you can walk along the water almost all the way back to town. Areas that are private property are pretty well marked. Other then those areas you can lay out your towel and enjoy the beach just about anywhere along the way.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

just so I'm clear, we taxi to GC Beach Suites, get the day pass at front desk for $25pp. By chance no passes are available, there is another beach location next door, obviously within walking distance?? Just don't want to deal with getting another cab if no pass available. Then again, once in port I guess we could call before we even leave dockside. Thanks for the info.

There is a place next door where you can rent beach chairs etc. it's to the left if you face GC Beach Suites. It caters to cruise ship passengers so it's usually more crowded. I've never had a problem in the times I have gone getting a Day Pass.

cruisinlawn - If I remember correctly the cayman beach suites is right next to the Lacovia condos that we spent a week at in July. I walked toward town almost every morning so I could watch the cruise ships come in. Our daughter got married on the beach at the Reef Grill and we walked back to the condo after the reception. There was a full moon and it was just beautiful. The beach up to the high water mark is "public" so you can walk along the water almost all the way back to town. Areas that are private property are pretty well marked. Other then those areas you can lay out your towel and enjoy the beach just about anywhere along the way.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Are you the same Jean-Lynd I met in GC back in early Sept. that was from Nashville? If so, we were the family of 3 at the pool?

thanks again to all for the info. :) another side note, what beach would this be considered? Im a little familiar with the Seven Mile area at Reef Grill, etc.

it's still Seven Mile. I think the Reef Grill is just beside it.

I was at the Grand Cayman Beach Suites this week off the Century and it was perfect. Pool was empty and the beach was great - crowded, but if you sit towards the left - away from the watersports shop, it's fine. The cost was $25 per person and they do not give change in US dollars so be sure to have exact change. I don't know if they take credit cards, although the beach bar/grill did, and we ran a tab there. We were able to get towels without a problem. I don't really care for the covering over the chairs - an umbrella type thing - because I don't feel the air, but I was able to push it back and down, and just faced the water (back to the sun). The water was absolutely gorgeous, crystal clear. Food at the beach grill was fine - served in a boat, nice presentation. I wasn't sure that I would like the hamburger after a bad experience the day before in Jamaica, so I also ordered chicken tenders, which were delicious. Had a bite of the hamburger and it was fine although by the time the lunch got to us the fries were soggy. The bathroom was clean and we were not harrassed by vendors of any kind. We happened upon a taxi on the way back, otherwise there is a stand next door, we were told. The resort has a terrific beachware shop if you need anything - it is located near the front door. There is also a Tshirt shop. Bring plenty of sun screen because their selection was limited and extremely expensive. Hope this helps - have a great time.

I was at the Grand Cayman Beach Suites this week off the Century and it was perfect. Pool was empty and the beach was great - crowded, but if you sit towards the left - away from the watersports shop, it's fine. The cost was $25 per person and they do not give change in US dollars so be sure to have exact change. I don't know if they take credit cards, although the beach bar/grill did, and we ran a tab there. We were able to get towels without a problem. I don't really care for the covering over the chairs - an umbrella type thing - because I don't feel the air, but I was able to push it back and down, and just faced the water (back to the sun). The water was absolutely gorgeous, crystal clear. Food at the beach grill was fine - served in a boat, nice presentation. I wasn't sure that I would like the hamburger after a bad experience the day before in Jamaica, so I also ordered chicken tenders, which were delicious. Had a bite of the hamburger and it was fine although by the time the lunch got to us the fries were soggy. The bathroom was clean and we were not harrassed by vendors of any kind. We happened upon a taxi on the way back, otherwise there is a stand next door, we were told. The resort has a terrific beachware shop if you need anything - it is located near the front door. There is also a Tshirt shop. Bring plenty of sun screen because their selection was limited and extremely expensive. Hope this helps - have a great time.

Glad you had a great time, should have tried Hemingway's beside the pool. It is awesome, can't wait to go back in a few weeks.

We rented a room using the 'day rate' last time at the Marriott. It was

cheaper in the long run. Plus we actually got a room so we can take a fresh

shower before we headed into town on the way to the ship.

We had this beach basically to ourselves.

2432125450102406380S500x500Q85.jpg\

We booked a room at the Marriott when we were there on The IOS, worked out great. I checked in and got a room by 9am!! My family met me a little later and we had a nice quiet day at the beach and had a place to run to when it rained! Staff was very, very nice!!!

This is on web site for Marriott Hotel do you know if other hotels have same problem such as GC Beach Suites?

ADVISORY: We apologize for the inconvenience to our guests however due to extensive damage caused by Hurricane Paloma the Courtyard by Marriott Grand Cayman remains closed into mid/late 2009. The specific re-opening date will be updated as more information becomes available. A full damage assessment is currently underway and we are working to reopen the hotel as soon as possible. Guests with reservations may contact the hotel directly for relocation information. More information on this closure, and Marriott's other hotels in the Cayman Islands can be found here http://www.marriott.com/news/detail.mi?marrArticle=363874.

timesplitters: That's odd, I was under the impression the poster before you had just gotten back from there. Maybe they will clarify if it was recent or several months back I'll see if I still have the contact info. for GC Beach Suites & see if they are open..

• 2 years later...
trying to rekindle this thread...has anybody recently been to the Marriott GC or the Grand Cayman Beach Suites? How about day passes? They still offer them? How is food, beach, etc?

We spent a week at the Marriott last spring. Had a nice time. The staff was really nice. The food that we had was good. We only ate there for breakfast (at the buffet) and a few times at the bar area for lunch/dinner. I was able to get a lobster sandwich even though it wasn't on the bar menu. The beach was never crowded and there are plenty of chairs.

I would imagine if they sell day passes it would depend on how many people are booked at the hotel ... but I don't know if the Marriott sells them or not. They probably have a limit per day if they do sell them.

probably worth a call, thanks. I think they charge more than the other hotel mentioned in this thread...

I'd give them a call. We got an amazing deal last spring ... a free night and a free breakfast each day. You never know what they'll offer you so it's probably worth it to call the the Marriott and the other place. What we like about the Marriott is how close everything is to the beach. We usually stay in a condo but this time we were without our kids so we stayed at a hotel.

Archived