Solstice FV Cabin

Mancuso

Does anyone know the story with the new FV cabins on the bow of the ship? I find it interesting that they are so large but have what looks like a small balcony. It's a huge cabin and not as expensive as you might think for 575 sq feet. We always book an FV on the Millennium class and are giving the new FV a chance on the 12/21 sailing. I hope it's nice.:rolleyes:

They are held for families of 5. I tried to book one for our family of 3 and they wouldn't allow it. It appears as if deck 8 will have larger balconies, deck 7 has a connecting cabin. We did waitlist of the FV, so we will see. There's not much anyone can offer until the ship is acutally released.

It appears to be much like the FO on the bow if the Voyager class ships, except it will have a small side balcony.

It appears the cabin can sleep 6 plus add a crib if need be. I think you need 2 bathrooms if you are going to hold to 5 people plus a bathtub.. I would rather book connecing cabins.

I love the looks of the Solstice FV, and wish I could have booked it. It would be perfect for the situation where a couple is traveling with either a single parent, or with an adult child. (The latter is my situation: I'm in my 40's and recently divorced, and my parents wanted to take me on a cruise...the Solstice FV is the only cabin that would meet our needs with us all staying together. Of course, we could just book separate connecting cabins, and we have, but that FV just looked so nice and convenient!)

I like the idea of them holding it for families of 5, but in the meantime keeping a wait list of smaller groups. That way if no larger group books, then someone else who planned ahead gets a chance of getting it, instead of someone just lucking out and swooping in at the last second and picking it up. I wonder if they would consider having that kind of policy?

I like the idea of them holding it for families of 5, but in the meantime keeping a wait list of smaller groups. That way if no larger group books, then someone else who planned ahead gets a chance of getting it, instead of someone just lucking out and swooping in at the last second and picking it up. I wonder if they would consider having that kind of policy?

This is essentially what they do. If there is not waitlist when the decide to release them, then there opened to anyone.

How they decide the waitlist, I'm not sure. Is it Elite members then Select first before others or would it be groups of 4 then 3 then 2 or is it whoever gets their name on the list first. Who knows?

Archived