best luau on Oahu????????

carol459

The "Hawaii Revealed" book series lists Polynesian Cultural Center as the best luau on Oahu. The very best, in their opinion is the Old Lahaina Luau on Maui. The PCC does not serve alcohol; so if that is important to you, the next best luau in "revealed" book's opinion is called Germaines. located near Ko Olina resort

We are going to Germaine's Luau since the cost includes being picked up at your hotel. There is also a 25% discount in the Entertainment Book. I have heard that the trip to and from the luau is a lot of fun.

Gary

We will be going on the POA 9-29-2007 11 night cruise and are also arriving 2 days early. We are trying to be economical as well as trying to get to do the best we can. So, we decided to the the Luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center thru Roberts thru the Amb. Package which includes rt transportation from the Hotel and the luau and VIP seating for the night show Horizons and a few other perks. It gets back to the hotel at 10:30pm (we get picked up around 12 noon). The "no alcohol" factor is not an issue with us. Since we will be staying at a hotel at this point, and would have to eat a meal out, while on the ship the meals are provided, we figured this would be the most economical decision.

The cost for this package thru Roberts is 134 each person. He does offer more economical packages as well, but these don't include the luau.

We have heard that it is a very good luau, :) just that it doesn't take place on the beach.:( But, for us, since we really wanted to see the night show Horizons and this was the only opportunity we'd have to stay late enough to do that, it was a "no brainer" ;) on our part.

All 16 in our group are doing Germaine's!!! The bestest part is the pick up and drop off:D . Should be an awesome bus ride!!! So if anyone wants to have a great time come join the Crazy Connecticut group on Sept 9, 2007 before set sail on the POH on the 10th!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

We have attended all but the Roual Hawaiian. We like the Paradise Cove the best. Lost to do and expierence beforhand and food was good. We were most disapointed the the PCC. The entertainment after the luau was good, but the food was horriable and they hurried you though. We were some of the last in line and barly received and food. They started taking it down to hurray the deserts up. Then you have to wait an hour in their shops for the entertainment at another venue. Plus it is more expensive. The PCC is a great place to visit, but not for the Luau.

This topic has been written about extensively and often. I would do a search and see what others have done in the past.

HTH

We did Germaine's Luau in April and had a great time. The bus ride was a lot of fun and we can't even tell you how long the trip was because it was so entertaining. We booked on line and received a bag with small gifts inside like a deck of cards, and a water bottle. This is the only luau we have been to but we had a great time.

Disneyworld, we think alike. We're doing a luau the Sunday before our POH cruise on 10/29. We decided to do it this night for the same reasons you posted. We have to eat out that night anyway, plus there so much else we want to do on the other island.

I wanted to do the PCC BUT they are closed on Sundays. I think we are going to do Germaine's Luau from all I read.

Woobie22 did you book online through thier website? I've seen some discount sites that offer tickets to this luau and was thinking of booking with them.

Disneyworld, did you check our our roll call for the 9/29 cruise? There are a great bunch of people over there and we are having a great time planning our cruise!! We have two meet and greets planned and we are all doing Tony and Tina's wedding together. If you haven't already done so, check it out!!:D

I'm on the Diamond Princess, does anyone know if ther is a bus or shuttle from where the ship docks? :confused: any input would help thanks

Do you mean to a luau? Not sure. If one in general, yes. Lots of ways you can hook up for that and there are many threads about that. Wish I could help more. If yoy are more specific we could give more specific answers. Sorry:confused:

I'm on the Diamond Princess, does anyone know if ther is a bus or shuttle from where the ship docks? :confused: any input would help thanks

Germaine's luau is very good BUT: they only pick up at hotels, like the Alamuana which is about 25 mins from the port so you'd have to take a cab each way to the hotel. Add to that the fact that they don't usually get finished till about 9:30-10:00 ish-and then you have to be bussed back to the hotel and then you have to take a cab to the port! The Diamond on our trip sails at 11 pm so No way would I chance missing the ship! The PCC has transfers around town and are easy to find, go to the PCC website and get their # and call them, they all have 800 numbers. Just remember that the PCC is run by the Mormons-so no hooch! The Entertainment Book has a bunch of coupons for these events.

hope this helps!

We liked Paradise Cove over Germaines by a long shot. Due to the stuff you get to do before hand. My daughter was in the military in Oahu for 4 years. On the "coast" Paradise Cove over Germaines...but if you can do PCC...it is excellent.

Lou

is this one that the ship provides? if it is, this one is expensive any other luaus that i can go to with out missing my ship, diamond Princess.It leaves at 11:00 PM not so!!!!! expensive. thanks :(

Disneyworld, did you check our our roll call for the 9/29 cruise? There are a great bunch of people over there and we are having a great time planning our cruise!! We have two meet and greets planned and we are all doing Tony and Tina's wedding together. If you haven't already done so, check it out!!:D

Just read your post about the roll call. HOnestly, I don't know how to do that. :confused: I saw under community "roll call" and a bunch of posting under our cruise date, but not so sure about it.

As to meeting at the meet and greet, that sounds like fun. As to Tony and Tina's Wedding. We live in Orlando, Florida and that plays here a lot, not really interested in seeing it.

As to the luau you have planned, we are going to the PCC luau on the 28th of Sept. since we are arriving 2 days earlier and this is the only luau we are planning on attending.

But, keep me posted on anything else and I'd certainly like to see if we can do it.

Thanks for inviting me into the roll call.:)

If anyone out there is interested: Just found the Royal Hawaiian Sheriton website that has a luau, on the beach for 99 bux pp which starts at 6pm and only goes to 8:30 pm so any of us sailing at 11pm would have no problems doing that one! FYI the hotel is about a 5 min ride by cab from the pier.:D

The Royal Hawaiian has a classy luau two nights a week (Monday and Thursday) on the lawn overlooking the beach. It is $99/adult and $55/child (5-12).

http://www.royal-hawaiian.com/de_luau.htm

AND a link to a 20% discount coupon:

http://www.royal-hawaiian.com/specials/coupon.htm

Per the page referenced above:

Only The Royal Hawaiian can present such a tropically elegant luau. With a backdrop of Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach, your evening begins with Hawaiian melodies and refreshing Mai Tais or Luau Punch on the Ocean Lawn, where each guest is greeted with a lei.

The evening continues under the stars with a feast of foods from the Islands. Our buffet includes all you can eat specialties like Teriyaki Beef and Island Style fish as well as salads and desserts. Click here to view menu.

The crowning glory of the Royal Luau is the spectacular Royal Polynesian Extravaganza. Everyone is sure to enjoy the song and dance of the islands as well as those from other Pacfic Rim locations that have influenced the unique culture found only in Hawaii.

The Royal Hawaiian Luau begins at 6 p.m. on Mondays on the Ocean Lawn. From April 5 - December 20, 2007, the Luau will also be available on Thursday nights.

The retail rate is $99.00 for adults and $55.00 for children 5 to 12 years old (children 4 years and under free). Make your online reservations or call (808) 921-4600.

Note: Subject to cancellation due to inclement weather or other events. Weather permitting, the location is subject to change to an indoor venue.

All outlet hours of operation and select menu items are subject to change without notice.

The Luau will not be available July 30, 2007, November 29, 2007, and December 31, 2007.

The Royal Hawaiian has a classy luau two nights a week (Monday and Thursday) on the lawn overlooking the beach. It is $99/adult and $55/child (5-12).

http://www.royal-hawaiian.com/de_luau.htm

AND a link to a 20% discount coupon:

http://www.royal-hawaiian.com/specials/coupon.htm

Per the page referenced above:

Only The Royal Hawaiian can present such a tropically elegant luau. With a backdrop of Diamond Head and Waikiki Beach, your evening begins with Hawaiian melodies and refreshing Mai Tais or Luau Punch on the Ocean Lawn, where each guest is greeted with a lei.

The evening continues under the stars with a feast of foods from the Islands. Our buffet includes all you can eat specialties like Teriyaki Beef and Island Style fish as well as salads and desserts. Click here to view menu.

The crowning glory of the Royal Luau is the spectacular Royal Polynesian Extravaganza. Everyone is sure to enjoy the song and dance of the islands as well as those from other Pacfic Rim locations that have influenced the unique culture found only in Hawaii.

The Royal Hawaiian Luau begins at 6 p.m. on Mondays on the Ocean Lawn. From April 5 - December 20, 2007, the Luau will also be available on Thursday nights.

The retail rate is $99.00 for adults and $55.00 for children 5 to 12 years old (children 4 years and under free). Make your online reservations or call (808) 921-4600.

Note: Subject to cancellation due to inclement weather or other events. Weather permitting, the location is subject to change to an indoor venue.

All outlet hours of operation and select menu items are subject to change without notice.

The Luau will not be available July 30, 2007, November 29, 2007, and December 31, 2007.

That sounds so!!!!!!!!! great but my ship arrives on Friday and from what you posted its closed. :(

Archived