AFT Cabin on Vision

charliem

We will be on the Vision, July 2005, and have been assigned an AFT cabin on Deck 7.

We have had balcony cabins before but never one of the AFT cabins. I see many posts where cruisers like these cabins. Please give me the pros and cons to this type of cabin - is this the best type on an Alaskan cruise?

Thanks!

We have had 2 aft cabins on Vision (8088 and 8090) and just loved them. 8088 wraps around the side of the ship, which is awesome. 8090 just looks straight back at the wake, but you can still see from side to side if you lean out a bit (just a bit, don't want to land on the deck below, LOL). The balconies on 7 are smaller, but I think you'd get the same effect. If you're an "outside" person like me, it's nice to have a larger private space. DH doesn't like the sun, but there was shade for him, too.

I love standing at the rail watching the wake & the scenery. I can't think of a "con" to having an aft balcony. Some have noted that you get dirt from the smokestack on some aft decks, but we never noticed any, and there was never any trash raining down from above, either.

We're on the corner aft for Radiance in Alaska in September & I can't wait!

-Jean

P.S. See if Drago from Serbia is still tending bar. He makes the most awesome lemon drop martinis, among other concoctions!:D

We have had both 8088 and 8588 on the Vision. Superb! Will never cruise again unless it's on the fantail! Have 1600 on the Serenade next month for Alaska and next October (05) for the Panama Canal. Be sure that it is not just the term "aft" which applies to anything toward the rear of the ship. You really want to be across the back of the boat!!! Have a wonderful trip and enjoy the panoramic view.......

Just got back from Visions Alaska. I had not seen many posts re this ship on CC and was a little bit anxious since there was so little info on it. Don't worry, this ship is BEAUTIFUL! We could not get over all of the beautiful details this ship has.

As far as the AFT cabin is concerned, we were in the middle of the ship so we can't help you there.

Archived