Now we've gone and done it!!

ltsally

Just booked a C2 for the QE2's final westbound on October 10 - how exciting! We're new to Cunard; wonder if anyone here has any information about what to expect from our cabin -- it's on Deck 3, pretty much flanked by what looks like P2's, but hard to tell from a diagram.

Also, if anyone knows of a thread here with a lot of overview info on QE2, would appreciate being directed to it.

Have been gathering from the reading I've already done here that QE2 is fairly formal - does that mean formalwear is typically seen every night? And I'm expecting that this particular crossing might well be more formal than most??

Looking forward to it!

Welcome aboard Itsally.

Hope you check out the Meet and Greet we are planning on this crossing over on the Roll Calls Section.

The QE2 is more formal. It still has formal and informal nights but I have found that most people stay "dressed" for the entire evening (unlike other lines where people change after dinner).

The C2 on deck 3 that we had a few years ago was quite nice. I can't remember our cabin # at the moment but I would take it again in a heartbeat. Hope yours is as good as ours was.

I think/hope you will enjoy the atmosphere. It's the best I have encountered.

Ed

Welcome! i'll be onboard that sailing too. Quite remarkable you were able to get a cabin at this stage as I assumed the ship to be booked solid by now.

QE2 is very formal and I would imagine the first night to be informal (Jacket and tie still required) the rest formal and except the last night which will be informal again. I did it also in 2002 and thought it was a very elegant affair.

Reint

Thanks, Ed and Reint - Our cabin is pretty much midships. Glad to hear that it might be a good one.

We think the formal dress is a big part of the fun of a cruse. Previous crossings have been on Silversea and Seabourn; of course the size of QE will be a big difference, but she is the end of an era and we're pleased that we can be part of it.

Reint - Only time we've ever used a TA is for our cruise journeys, and I think choosing one that was in a "top roundup" in Travel & Leisure, or some such publication, has been a real stroke of luck.

I had a C2 for my transat in Jan 06 and loved the room. lovely woodwork and lots of space. The beds are bolted to the floor so twins only.... That was fine because I was with my then 10 yr old... I think it was 3104 ...

The room is a 1960s version of what is on the original Queen Mary. I love being able to take a bath on a moving ship. Almost better than a balcony :rolleyes:

Tom in Long Beach

Just booked a C2 for the QE2's final westbound on October 10 - how exciting! We're new to Cunard; wonder if anyone here has any information about what to expect from our cabin -- it's on Deck 3, pretty much flanked by what looks like P2's, but hard to tell from a diagram.

Hi,

If you want to email me, l can email you detailed plans of your cabin and area not shown on any brochures.

As for it being formal, Iv always found QE2 to be very formal which is no bad thing especially in this day and age of free and easy dinning or whatever it is called. Of course in the good old days we only had Formal and informal nights.

cheers

Myles

Archived