Disturbing News

cjar855

[quote name='glrounds'][i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]Incidentally, Pete, didn't you either start a thread or participate in a thread on "that other site" in which [u]most[/u] of the respondents were [u]bad-mouthing the hell out of CruiseCritic and its administrators[/u] for their deletion of certain posts relating to this incident ? ? Hmmmmmmmm ? ?[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]:D [/color][/size][/font][/i][/QUOTE]
GUILTY!
That was me!:rolleyes:

Once I was done with my fit, a couple of things drew me back.....

It's hard to ignore cruisecritic.com when an occasional email response pops up from time to time

I did have some correspondance with Ms. Sterling

And there's a lot more goin' on over here!:) :) :)

[quote name='halos'][color=darkorange][size=3]Ebony...put it this way...if I died on a cruise ship, I would make SURE I stayed 'earthbound'....why would I want to leave??? So, if I pass over on one of the ships one day, you can bet your foo-foo that I will be hangin' around. I promise to be a good poltergiest!! :D[/size][/color][/QUOTE]
[b][font=Arial][color=darkorchid]Oh my! Being the kinda person I am to believe in such things, I am most certain now that I will [i]not [/i]sleep one wink while on our Conquest cruise in Jan! :p Sheesh! Just to think, my cabin could very well be the [i]same[/i] cabin someone expired in. AHHHHH!!!!! :eek: That just doesn't sit well with me. :rolleyes: Perhaps the many foo foo drinks I will consume will take my mind off such nonsense, eh? :confused: Hahaha! I can only hope!!!!![/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Arial][color=#9932cc][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Arial][color=#9932cc]Happy sailing,[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Arial][color=#9932cc]T.[/color][/font][/b]

[quote name='MrPeteLI']And then looking back, I see you were one of the first ones that expressed your skepticm to the OP, and then tried to reprieve yourself.

NAUGHTY NAUGHTY!!!!!

[/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=4]It's universal law....what goes around, comes around.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='SxyEbnyFem'][b][font=Arial][color=darkorchid]Oh my! Being the kinda person I am to believe in such things, I am most certain now that I will [i]not [/i]sleep one wink while on our Conquest cruise in Jan! :p Sheesh! Just to think, my cabin could very well be the [i]same[/i] cabin someone expired in. AHHHHH!!!!! :eek: That just doesn't sit well with me. :rolleyes: Perhaps the many foo foo drinks I will consume will take my mind off such nonsense, eh? :confused: Hahaha! I can only hope!!!!![/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Arial][color=#9932cc][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Arial][color=#9932cc]Happy sailing,[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Arial][color=#9932cc]T.[/color][/font][/b][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Plum][SIZE=4]
I wonder if all those that departed while cruising hang out on the SPIRIT?[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I know...bad one :o

[quote name='sgriff17']Great Story...I'm impressed how you stuck to your guns Gary. I probably would have lost it. Because you did, your story stayed very credible. I'm wondering if in the 2 years since you learned anything new?[/QUOTE][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=navy][i]I've learned a lot about the [u]title[/u] to use when starting a thread ! :D [/i][/color][/size][/font]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]See my previous post and you'll see I've learned [b]NOT [/b]to be so critical and skeptical of a short post announcing an unbelievable event. :D [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]If you mean about Michelle. Sadly only one e-mail from one of her friends still devastated by her death and frustrated over the conclusions of the FBI.[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]In retrospect, if indeed it was ACCIDENTAL, the only explanation I can come up with is an attempt to act out the "King of the World" scene from the [u]Titanic[/u]. Getting up on that railing, slipping, hitting her head on the railing (blood on the upper deck) and then falling to her death 2 decks below is all certainly possible. However, the railing on that forward observation deck of the Sports deck on the ELATION is chest high on me and Michelle was very short. I can't even imagine her trying that. With all due respect to Michelle, when I saw her and talked to her in Duke's Piano Bar later that evening she was "[u]rolling along pretty good[/u]" (hope you understand what that means). Combine the "partying" with the exhiliration of walking along the front of the Sports deck of the ELATION, the wind raging in your face as the ship plows through the swells, well . . . you get the picture. Very tempting, indeed.[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]I have no explanation for her purse being found at an entirely different place on the Sports deck and her earrings an even different place than that. The suspicion of her cabin mates ('nuff said). :confused: I even now feel so sorry for her children. Very sad.[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]Death comes sometimes very unexpectedly. I've seen several friends killed in roofing accidents (cheated death a couple times myself :rolleyes: ) and its always shocking to those that survive. Cruise ships are no different. Probably even more likely to cause one's death, the drinking, excitement, and exertion (exercise) of being on vacation, the stress of planning the trip, flying, and eventually having it all come to fruition - these [/color][/size][/font][/i][i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]all sometimes play havoc on an [u]unsuspecting[/u] body and mind. [/color][/size][/font][/i]

Just for what it's worth-Many of the physcians are affiliated with ACEP, which is the American College of Emergency Physicians. All have had ACLS, which is Advanced Cardiac Life Support. ACLS includes giving medicines, shocking the heart and putting in breathing tubes (in lay terms). And, when I die, I too would like to be on a cruise and not in some long term care facility.

I'm an old dog ER and trauma nurse.

...kick the ole bucket while on a Cruise (Hopefully over 60, not in december and DEF. not our honeymoon cruise) while "kicking it" with my wife :)

Although, i suppose that would be pretty traumatic for her. Maybe not. Up for debate.

[quote name='cjar855']I just recieved a news Alert From Google concerning a Carnival Cruise Passenger on the Legend .From Bermuda. I do not know if i am allowed to post it. It is very Disturbing. Please inform me if i should. Any CC hosts can e-mail me if needed..

[email="cjar855@ispwest.com"]cjar855@ispwest.com[/email][/QUOTE]

It's very unfortunate. I don't know why it is "very disturbing". There are several thousand people on a ship, and many are senior citizens. People do die of natural causes, and that is why cruise ships also have a morgue included on them.

BnB

Yes, this has been an interested thread. It is always sad when somebody passes on, but when it is an older person who has lived their life, and of all places, dies on a cruise ship, it's not too bad, just nature taking it's course. One thing that I did read about once was a twenty-something year old girl who died at the dining room table on a Carnival ship. Now that is pretty disturbing, not only was it way before her time, but could you imagine being her table-mate? How traumatizing, and for whoever was traveling with her, and any family back home....how sad.
I bet the banana cooler on HAL is pretty darn big, I bet they have more DOB's than any other line.
As eerie as it is to talk about death, it is part of nature and we all have to die sometime. I just feel bad for the families who have a family member that dies on a cruise, not only do they lose a dear family member, their vacation also gets a damper put on it as well, who knows if they will ever be able to cruise again after that?

[quote name='SevenVII']Was it the hitting the head on railing that killed her or the 2 deck drop? What kinda heigt is that?[/QUOTE][i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=navy]Seven,[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]I'm [b]NOT[/b] a forensic examiner. However, I would guess the 2 deck drop to be from 20-22 feet. The railing was (again a guess) probably close to 5 feet high, so the fall would be around 25-27 feet onto a hard teak deck. [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080][u]How could she die from that distance ? :[/u][/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]broken neck (usually instantly)[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]unconscious from the fall and just bled to death[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]massive concussion (brain damage)[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]I'm sure a previous poster that was in [b]ER and trauma[/b] could add many many more. [/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]___________________________________________[/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]Pete, I quite agree with you. [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]CruiseCritic is without doubt the dominant cruise board. I learned of CC from a poster to the MURDER ON THE ELATION thread (I think [b]cruisergirl[/b]). Had I posted about the incident on CC, maybe I would have come across someone on the cruise sooner. :) [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#000080]"The saddest words of prose and pen, are the words [b]WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN[/b]". :D [/color][/size][/font][/i]

[quote name='glrounds'][i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=navy]My last cruise on the ELATION (2002), a young lady I got to know (according to the FBI) died accidentally. I'm positive she was murdered, but that is another story. :( [/color][/size][/font][/i]

If I would have ran across your original post on cruisemate I could have gave you a little support. I had family that was on that cruise and they are convinced that she was killed.
I sent her a copy of what you posted on the other website, and she posted a long reply of what she knew. She was told by cruisemates that they didn't want to post it because it caused to many problem's the first go round. I do remember she said they talked with her friend for a couple of hours after it happened.
If your interested I will let her know about cruisecritic and maybe she will post on here.

Archived