Replacement cruise question

Muushka

I never thought I would need to ask this:

We have a replacement cruise for our 12/10/06 Millie cruise coming up 12/16/07. This would be a free cruise, booked since last Dec. If something happened that our cruise for 12/16/2007 was canceled (Poor Millie), how would X handle it? Do you think they would just replace this free cruise with another, or would there be more compensation?

I ask because we really don't want to be disappointed again this Dec, but we would not mind the inconvenience if they gave us additional compensation. Last year we were able to hop on Century. But with such last minute planning we did not get desirable cabins (but the price was great). I hope my question makes sense. Thanks:)

Hi! We were bumped from the 12/10/06 Millie cruise also. We would have rebooked on the 12/17/07 cruise but it was just too late in December for us given our family plans for the holidays. We did book on the 11/2/07 Mercury repositioning cruise and are looking forward to that. We did have to pay the difference in price between the dollar amount of the Millie cruise and the Mercury cruise.

As to your question. I think that Celebrity was very fair and eager to help us find another cruise that would work for us. I may be naive, but if your cruise in December is cancelled (and I sincerely hope it is not) I think you would get a free cruise to replace it - probably in 2008. Compensation beyond that would be unlikely, I think. Just a guess on my part though.

I may be naive, but if your cruise in December is cancelled (and I sincerely hope it is not) I think you would get a free cruise to replace it - probably in 2008. Compensation beyond that would be unlikely, I think. Just a guess on my part though.

I would hope that you would get TWO free cruises - one as a "refund" for the voucher you used to book this cruise, and one as additional compensation. Anything else (assuming other passengers get a refund and a free cruise) would be totally unfair!

In any case, I'm sure it's not going to happen. Your Millie cruise will go off without a hitch.

I would hope that you would get TWO free cruises - one as a "refund" for the voucher you used to book this cruise, and one as additional compensation. Anything else (assuming other passengers get a refund and a free cruise) would be totally unfair!

In any case, I'm sure it's not going to happen. Your Millie cruise will go off without a hitch.

I like the way you think! You know, we really want to do the 12/16 cruise. We got a great cabin and are really looking forward to it.

But.....isn't there always a but! We are a little gun-shy of the ship. We contacted the TA to find out if we could switch to RCCL Mariner. But we had CC on Millie and I don't know what the equivalent would be. If it were a nice cabin (their standard balcony is not that big, would not feel it was comparable) we might switch rather than being disappointed again. Plus our plans are pretty much based on doing a cruise at that exact time and we cannot switch the after-portion of the cruise plans.

Last year we scrambled at the last minute, I really don't want to have to do that again this year, unless there is a great reason to (read: additional compensation). I feel greedy saying that, but I am being truthful. I guess I am greedy.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the well wishes! Fingers crossed and when I hear from the TA I will post what X said (as far as switching or compensation if canceled again).

Hi Drew, guess I didn't make myself clear. We did get fully reimbursed for our cancelled cruise, plus we received a voucher for a 7 day North American cruise anytime during 2007. Very fair, in my opinion.

Now, if Muushka, gets bumped in December (and I sincerely hope she doesn't), it would present Celebrity with an interesting situation. She has already received compensation (refund) for the first cancelled cruise, plus a free cruise. I guess the question is whether she would end up with one or two vouchers. My sense is that one voucher seems logical, but I can see your logic too. Let's hope nobody has to put it to the test!

I hope Celebrity doesn't have to cancel any more cruises. It's upsetting and inconvenient for passengers and costly for the cruise line (even with the insurance I'm sure they have).

Now, if Muushka, gets bumped in December (and I sincerely hope she doesn't), it would present Celebrity with an interesting situation. She has already received compensation (refund) for the first cancelled cruise, plus a free cruise. I guess the question is whether she would end up with one or two vouchers. My sense is that one voucher seems logical, but I can see your logic too. Let's hope nobody has to put it to the test!

If everybody is getting refunded what they paid, plus getting a voucher, Muushka should be refunded what he/she paid (Voucher #1) plus he/she should get another voucher (Voucher #2). Simple!

Archived