Last Minute Questions

mcorrus

1. I know it has been discussed before but can anyone clearly tell me where exactly they do the early boarding for the Pride?

2. Camp Carnival is there any chance at all that they will allow my 5(almost six y/o) in with the 6-8 group.

3. Does anyone have pics of the standard balcony? We are in cabins 6132 and 6134

I am so excited and I will give you all a full review when we return!!

1. I know it has been discussed before but can anyone clearly tell me where exactly they do the early boarding for the Pride?

2. Camp Carnival is there any chance at all that they will allow my 5(almost six y/o) in with the 6-8 group.

3. Does anyone have pics of the standard balcony? We are in cabins 6132 and 6134

1. Queen Mary

2. No

3. 6132 and 6134 are Connecting Cabin Cat. 8D

8_oceanviewstateroomprivatebalcony.jpg

Email me at wennfred@cox.net and I will send you a great review with all of the info you need for the Pride and the Port of Long Beach.

Fred

Early check-in is at the Queen Mary, but you don't get to BOARD then. People who do early check-in at the Queen Mary, still enter the dome where everyone else does, they just get in a different (shorter) line - the "Zone 1" Line.

2. Camp Carnival is there any chance at all that they will allow my 5(almost six y/o) in with the 6-8 group. It depends how "Almost" six your 5 year old is, and how mature he or she is. My DD turned 6 on our cruise. I went to Camp Carnival soon after getting on board and asked the counselor if they would consider putting her in with the 6-8 group. The first sea day when I checked her in, I had to check her in with the 2-5 group, but they told me they would "try her" with the 6-8 year olds and see how she did, and based on that they would determine which group to put her with for the rest of the cruise. When I picked her up they told me she is "a little adult," so she got to be with the 6-8 year olds the whole time. Make sure to go to the Camp Carnival orientation the first night, too! I'm sure your child will have fun no matter which group he or she ends up with. The Camp Carnival staff on the Pride were wonderful.

3. Does anyone have pics of the standard balcony? We are in cabins 6132 and 6134. Can't help you with that one - we were in a 5A.

Have a great trip!

So what is the time for the early checck in and what time do you enter the dome? Actually what is the dome?

Thanks!!

The Dome was built to hold the Spruce Goose.

QueenMaryDome2.JPG

Like I said, all of the info you need is in this review that I can email you.

Fred

what happened to the Spruce Goose ?

Hughes' H-4 Hercules Flying Boat, better known as the "Spruce Goose," is the centerpiece of a new Northwest aviation museum opening this week in McMinnville, Ore.

The Flying Boat was on display in Long Beach. In 1992, it was acquired by Evergreen International Aviation of McMinnville. It was barged up the coast to the Columbia River and then down the Willamette River toward McMinnville. Its final miles were made overland by trucks.

Archived