Cruise tour to Alaska

NewYorkRed

We are getting ready to book a cruise tour to Alaska. 7 days at sea and 4 days inland, mostly at Denali. I have several questions. During the tour portion, are any of the meals included, as on the ship? How much should we allow for expenses, daily, once we are off the ship. How is traveling on the RC glass topped train? My husband would like to fly over Denali, is a plane or a copter better for photographing? Any input would be appreciated.

:p

We are getting ready to book a cruise tour to Alaska. 7 days at sea and 4 days inland, mostly at Denali. I have several questions. During the tour portion, are any of the meals included, as on the ship? How much should we allow for expenses, daily, once we are off the ship. How is traveling on the RC glass topped train? My husband would like to fly over Denali, is a plane or a copter better for photographing? Any input would be appreciated.

:p

We did our own tour. If you book a pre cruise tour, most meals are not cover, but it's great when it comes to hotels and transportations. When you said Denali, do you mean the national park or mount McKently. If it is the mount McKently, I highly recondmended. It a flight to the top of mount McKently and it's not all that extreemly cold but don't forget the sunglasses. You will needed...it's very bright. You can do this tour at Takeena (something like that). It's a small town. Sell out quick though also they will ask for weight. This tour is about $300 per person. Oh if you there don't forget to send the postcard to family and freinds back home. The post office is right there in this small town.

The train is very nice from looking at it. Again we bought our own train tickets from Alaska railroad which also pulling RC carts. The bouns is....it's a very great view on the train until Seward.

Just came over here from the Alaska board and can wholly endorse the advice to switch this query. There are a lot of people putting really helpful stuff up there. Let's put it this way, I wish that we had done what you are doing before we booked our cruise to Alaska. We didn't appreciate that the land tour is effectively transport and room only. Equally, although there are some side trips thrown in they don't seem to fully hit the spot. If you want a full heads up on the Land tour go to the Alaska board and read through Larry's magnificent Diamond Princess account. It will take time (something like 240 threads and counting!) but it will be well worth it!

Just came over here from the Alaska board and can wholly endorse the advice to switch this query. There are a lot of people putting really helpful stuff up there. Let's put it this way, I wish that we had done what you are doing before we booked our cruise to Alaska. We didn't appreciate that the land tour is effectively transport and room only. Equally, although there are some side trips thrown in they don't seem to fully hit the spot. If you want a full heads up on the Land tour go to the Alaska board and read through Larry's magnificent Diamond Princess account. It will take time (something like 240 threads and counting!) but it will be well worth it!

Can you put a link here? I can't find it. I have a cruisetour booked for Aug 18. I've had a few discussions with Budget Queen re cruisetours, but I was pretty certain I didn't want the hassle of making independent plans for 4 people. I'd be interested to read Larry's account of the trip. I looked at Alaska board, did a search for Diamond Princess and went to reviews page, but I can't find one from Larry on Diamond Princess. Thanks for your help.

Archived