East King or east Queen - anyone been on them

waverly

we are planning our visit to China with Yangtze river cruise. I came accross Royal Orient Cruise Lines which operates the East King and the East Queen. has anyone been on these ships and what was the experience ? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks ! waverly

We were on the East Queen in 2001. Embarked in Chongquin & I forget where we disembarked (3 nights) but it was after the Dam & we flew to Shanghai from there. It's probably had work on it since then. It was fine, the cabin was very, very small & if your neighbor sneezed, you could hear them! Food ok, nice bar with cheap Tsing-Tso (sp) beer. Nice excursions to 3 Gorges Dam & along a stream (semshing???) We want to go back when the entire project is completed & wouldn't object at all to going with them again. As a side note, they had a photo of Bill Gates & his family/group proudly displayed in the lobby & pointed out to everyone that he had chartered either it or the East King for his group. They were oh so proud. Wish I could remember more details but that was a while ago! (You'll be shocked what floats by on the River - don't look too closely)

You'll enjoy it so much! We were with Maupintour at the time so I don't recall which were their excursions & which were through the ship. I still remember all the shoes floating down the river & wondering if there were people attached to them at one time!:rolleyes: Please do a review on this board when you return, I'd love to hear about it! Have fun.

Archived