Tipping on QM2

Fred C

Oh yes they are (is it too early for the pantomime season to start?:D )

Pikelets or crumpets can be either thick or thin

You're probably right about the ingredients but it tastes wonderful:) Isn't there an Australian equivalent? It's supposed to taste vile:(

O'er here pikelets & crumpets are very different. Pikelets are very similar to pancakes, and easy to make your own.

Our crumpets are pre-baked and are 5\8" thick, with big air holes running down into them. Great for trapping lashings of honey, golden syrup, butter and melted cheese.

Vegemite is our variety of tasty axle grease. Not much difference between this & Marmite.

Cheers,

I don't know what all of these responses have to do with my question

regarding tipping.

Okay folks! You've been told off now.

No more discussion of breakfast comestibles.

(But make mine a Eggs Benedict!)

Matthew

regarding tipping.

Is the connection that some folks won't go away until you tip them? If so, that is more than the automatically charged tips will cover. Some problems do go away if you throw money at them, and the best money to use for that purpose is those round stone thingies from the island of Yap.

Has any one else noticed, that as soon as there is a thread on tipping, us Aussies storm it en masse!! Regardless of the cruise line!!

LOL!!!

Kaz

Ps...I can't really afford to travel Cunard...can someone squish me in their suitcase please...pretty please??!!! I'm sick of travelling on Princess hand me downs.:(

There was a thread yesterday on "Girlie" packing but it sort of died from lack of interest. Not many adventerous types here I fear.

If you've quite finished your repartee du petit dejeuner, there are yanks to upset on Princess. To work, brothers, to work. Ram the manparts! It is evident that these be-marmaladed Poms are so much harder to wind-up, what with their indecent politeness and vicious tolerance. Curse them and their built-upon flood plains!

Or, as we tend to say up North, "bloody English ponces. Little bit of water and they get all stirred up. Why, in the great Inverness blizzards of '43, the snow was so deep we could tickle St Peter's feet".

To work!

xxxx

Ahhh Happyscot, you never fail to deliver LOL :D Yes plenty of activity over there...bloody scarey though !!

Yum.....all this talk of food is making me homesick.... give me an full English anytime....Scottish style...don't forget the black pud.....had haggis once with my full english....probably tastes better at another meal time. ..lol ...... Over here Pikelets are sweet.... crumpets aren't they look a little like eggcrate mattress overlays ...in England you break open the crumpet/muffin in Australia you don't..our Muffins here are different again and taste like cardboard... cheers shiona....ad break over.....now back to the main event..Tipping.....

Ahhh Happyscot, you never fail to deliver LOL :D Yes plenty of activity over there...bloody scarey though !!

Yep, when I got to the "ram the manparts" part I could sense certain delicacy that I just don't have...

regarding tipping.

Regarding tipping....Once the cow is tipped, run really, really fast for the fence. Or leave them some Eggs Benedict to slow them down.

You have to understand that there is nowhere else I've seen better examples of thread drift than here. We tend to like it that way, so please don't take offense.

Sorry Fred C!!! Just showing that Aussies can play nice on a tipping thread..we have been told off before...

now..back to Brekkie!!

Crumpets are made with yeast...pikelets are not...hence the holes in the crumpets that let the butter and honey run through.

While we are on the subject...briefly...marmite and vegemite have their evil triplet...promite!! The only good thing for them is wiping the black toilet seats with them for the exercise of pranking people...lovely black rim around the botty folks!!!

Ahhh! Leave it to the generous Aussies to provide pranks for breakfast!

(But make mine a Eggs Benedict!)

Matthew

I'll have that also as long as smoked salmon is included ...champagne...

It is quite easy to veer into the thicket when one drives on the wrong side of the road.

Thank you. Best laugh I've had all day. :D

.... crumpets aren't they look a little like eggcrate mattress overlays ...

Mattresses on Cunard are a cut above the concrete slabs provided by Princess Line. Sign on, even for a short stay, your back will love you. ;)

Paul

Mattresses on Cunard are a cut above the concrete slabs provided by Princess Line. Sign on, even for a short stay, your back will love you. ;)

Paul

Hey Paul

We were originally going to book on the QE ll for the end of next year and were waiting for itineraries and book which we never got....but she's off:mad:....then were going on Marco Polo.....but she's off:eek:....so we decided on the Pacific Princess......got to say i am leaning more to the Cunard ships now...I can feel a cancellation coming on.....:D cheers shiona

Any Marmalade would be Oxford. Also it's crumpets, with butter. Marmalade goes on toast.

I had an English Muffin with butter (unsalted) and Wilkin and Son s Marmalade for breakfast.

I'm going to bet that the English have never heard of English muffins (Well, at least that they have nothing to do with England! <LOL>)

Like French Fries and Pizza!

Karie,

who loves Marmalade, but also loves jut plain butter!

Regarding tipping....Once the cow is tipped, run really, really fast for the fence. Or leave them some Eggs Benedict to slow them down.

You have to understand that there is nowhere else I've seen better examples of thread drift than here. We tend to like it that way, so please don't take offense.

Fred Drift....one of the finest half-backs never to play for England...........

I had an English Muffin with butter (unsalted) and Wilkin and Son s Marmalade for breakfast.

I'm going to bet that the English have never heard of English muffins (Well, at least that they have nothing to do with England! <LOL>)

Like French Fries and Pizza!

quote]

I did not know French Fries and Pizza were English. You learn something new every day. And so early in the day. Now i can relax a my quota has been fulfilled.

Excuse me...I'm from the deep south...can I toss a biscuit in here for consideration? Dripping in butter? :D

I didn't know Fred Drift never played for England...learn something new everyday. :p

Cruise Critic...Wikipedia for cruise nuts....:rolleyes:

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

You guys give good giggle. Finding intelllektual synthsiz but.

Can't sail cunard, because your a bunch of snobby tossers.

Discuss.

Hic.

Toothache. Ancient remedy. Whisky. I may have been rude.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Toothache. Ancient remedy. Whisky. I may have been rude. ...

Too bad that you haven't followed Mark Twain's regimen. He said, more or less:

I drink two hot Scotches every night. But only as a preventative of toothache. I have never had a toothache. And I never intend to have one!

Now look, over here, on the posher side of the Pennines pikelets are thing little flappy things. If they are thick they are crumpets.

OK. They may be on your "posh" side but over here (the best side) the names are interchangeable.

Interestingly enough on wickipedia it says that Australians , New Zealanders and people from the English Midlands (OMG :eek: you're not a Brummie are you?:D ) use the word to describe a pancake. It also goes on to say that it can refer to a muffin, drop scone, Scotch pancake or crumpet. It doesn't say if they mean a normal muffin, an American one or just an amiable ignoramus:p

I don't know what all of these responses have to do with my question regarding tipping.

We're giving tips about what you should call various kinds of breads at breakfast:)

(Actually pikelets with toasted cheese make a very nice supper dish)

Excuse me...I'm from the deep south...can I toss a biscuit in here for consideration? Dripping in butter? :D

I didn't know Fred Drift never played for England...learn something new everyday. :p

Cruise Critic...Wikipedia for cruise nuts....:rolleyes:

And here I thought cruise nuts were those things provided in the lounges when one ordered an adult beverage.

Archived