Miami Hotel and Flight Confusion Please Help

jschafer6161

I’m going to make this as short as I can. The Victory leaves on 11/18 from Miami; I just won the Radisson through Priceline on 11/17 in Miami. For $294 I can leave from my home town and fly into FLL, but our plane doesn’t get in until 11:58 PM. Now, I regret getting a hotel in Miami. What is the best way to get to Miami from FLL airport (there will be 6 of us, including 2 kids 5 and 7). I’m not sure if shuttles run this late, etc. Or, should I just eat the hotel in Miami, and stay in FLL. I’m worried we’re all going to be whipped and not want to deal with getting to Miami at 12:30 a.m. Also, would anyone else be nervous about getting in so late, with the ship leaving the next day? They earliest flight they have where I live to FLL is 4:50 p.m. on the 17th. Or, I could wait and see if they offer anymore flights. I’d appreciate anyone’s suggestions. This is all new for us. Thank you so much!!!

I’m going to make this as short as I can. The Victory leaves on 11/18 from Miami; I just won the Radisson through Priceline on 11/17 in Miami. For $294 I can leave from my home town and fly into FLL, but our plane doesn’t get in until 11:58 PM. Now, I regret getting a hotel in Miami. What is the best way to get to Miami from FLL airport (there will be 6 of us, including 2 kids 5 and 7). I’m not sure if shuttles run this late, etc. Or, should I just eat the hotel in Miami, and stay in FLL. I’m worried we’re all going to be whipped and not want to deal with getting to Miami at 12:30 a.m. Also, would anyone else be nervous about getting in so late, with the ship leaving the next day? They earliest flight they have where I live to FLL is 4:50 p.m. on the 17th. Or, I could wait and see if they offer anymore flights. I’d appreciate anyone’s suggestions. This is all new for us. Thank you so much!!!

First of all I assure you there is nothing for you to be worried about getting in so late. The areas are safe where you drive to Miami and at that time it will literally take you about 25 minutes to get to Miami. The ship doesn't set sail until 5 PM the next day so that isn't an issue either. YOu have plenty of time to wake up later and get to the port. That being said the Radisson is located 5 minutes to the port, so driving down to Miami the night you arrive shouldn't be an issue since you will be minutes from the port the next day. Better than having to wake up the next morning and drive down to the port the 25 minutes from FLL. I think everything is fine the way you have it and you won't have any problems other than being a little tired when you get in.

You could try topshuttle.com or just go to the FLL airport website to see what they offer in transportation to Miami. Sometimes renting a taxi or a limo might be cheaper, as they sometimes do not charge for children, and sometimes alot faster!

1) I am staying at the Radisson in Miami in a few weeks! You could follow through with your current plans to get to Miami that late at night...and then sleep in once you are in Miami! You do not have to be at the port until 1pm, so plenty of tim to relax the next morning, not rush.

2) If you feel it is too much for your family, then find a hotel in FLL and cancel the Radisson, then take the shuttle straight to the Port Miami the next morning. It really depends on your family.

I agree with the other poster, you will have plenty of time the next morning, if you just take the shuttle to Miami the same night of your flight, and get it done with! lol Of course you would have to check the times for shuttles departing that late-- Have fun!

The last time I went on a cruise, we sailed in/out of Miami, but our flight home was out of Fort Lauderdale. We rented a car from Miami for just the one day with a drop off in Fort Lauderdale. There was no extra charge for the drop off being in another city, and the rate was cheap - around $30 total. If you go this route, be sure to find a car rental at or near FLL airport that has 24 hour service just in case your flight is late getting in - you don't want to show up to a car rental counter and find it closed - that happened to me in Dayton, Ohio once and I'll never forget that! So, I always check out that aspect when arriving late at night.

I would much rather drive to Miami at 12:30AM with no traffic and it be a 25 minute drive and sleep late than have to get up early in the morning and drive in.

You'll be much happier going ahead and getting it over with.

Did you get two priceline rooms? If not, how are you going to fit six people in one room?

Thanks for all your help! I'm feeling better about my decision. I did only get 1 room. We have little ones and figured they'd sleep with us or a rollaway. Do you think this will be a problem with the hotel? We're only going to be there a few hours.

Archived