Things others do on a cruise that make you wonder why.

pamwinn

[quote name='pamwinn'] ! We always have the steward bring us a freshly laundered bed spread because I know they don't launder them between cruises and I know they have stuff on them. :eek:[/QUOTE]
Oh ewwww! Really? I would have thought that they'd wash them-how gross! :eek: It that a common request or will the steward look at you like you're crazy?

stacey

We wonder why people will spend all of their first day in the pool, get the mother of all sunburns (we call them tomatoes) and ruin any chance of enjoying swimming or being in the sun for most of the rest of the trip. This of course causes no harm to anyone else, except maybe their cabin mates, but it really makes me sad/mad when I see children that are getting sunburn and there is no parental intervention.
The other thing that seems to happen at least once a cruise (usually on formal nights) is when seemingly refined people revert back to their high school/college days and then try to see how many people they can stuff into a Volkswagen, only lacking a Volkswagen they substitute an elevator!

[quote name='TinaLee']Oh there's another good one. Ladies... if you are wearing a strapless gown on formal night, why oh why would you lay out in the sun (to tan, but you know you're going to burn... right?) with the straps of your suit tied?? Some of the formal gown/swimsuit line clashes we have seen... whew!

TL[/QUOTE]
[b]I have 1 tan hand and 1 white hand due to playing golf with a glove on and white feet from the golf shoes. Tan lines and formal wear don't bother me. I use to care but not any more. Everyone knows I am a golfer. [/b]

Why don't people look in the mirror before leaving their cabin. DH and I waited in line for dinner behind a very nicely dressed woman who was about 70ish. She had a frilly blouse and silky pants, which unfortunately were completely sheer, exposing her bloomers. She COULDN'T have known. She just couldn't.

[quote name='Necrosis']I've seen many fully grown adults not wash their hands after using the bathroom[/QUOTE]

I saw this myself at Anchorage International. Four people go in. I'm done first, and was washing my hands. The other three? They just strolled out. So that is 75% :#

I have read many times on these boards that some people who go to Puerto Vallarta pay $10pp to go to one of the resorts to lounge by the pool and have lunch. Still can't put my finger on why you would leave a beautiful ship that is not crowded, has many pools, and wonderful food, then pay extra to do the exact same thing onland. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Irishjayne'][b]I have 1 tan hand and 1 white hand due to playing golf with a glove on and white feet from the golf shoes. Tan lines and formal wear don't bother me. I use to care but not any more. Everyone knows I am a golfer. [/b][/QUOTE]
Jayne - that's a horse of a different color (sorry). The tan lines of men who have obviously worked outdoors in a shirt and are out by the pool without one is also an exception. Those are 'honest' tan lines, if you know what I mean, not sunburn lines. I have a friend who is an avid golfer and she faces the same situation you do. She said one afternoon that those new self-tanners have set her free to face the world in sandals once again - laughed until I cried! But she was right!

No offense meant - hope none was taken! :o

TinaLee

One reason to take your own alcohol is that you can make drinks all week out of one bottle, for around $25 with the free mixers that they will bring through room service. If you purchase those same drinks from the bars, you are looking at around $200. That to me is quite a difference. I would like to point out however that I do not bring my own on board. I can just see why people do it.

I have spent the last half hour smiling from ear-to-ear reading these posts. I'm afraid I was growing a tad weary of the same questions being asked in multiple ways. This thread has really brightened my day. Thank you all!

I will add that I don't understand people, who on formal occasions, will not wear their sea bands, patch, or ReliefBand due to the look. Speaking for myself, I prefer to feel good than to look good.

Oh yes, to the woman who thought her pictures looked like her mother, I now have a great needlepoint pillow on my couch. It reads: "Mirror, Mirror on the wall, I am my mother after all!" It was too cute to pass up. Aloha, Podge

Podgieree-Love the "mirror mirror" quote.

Reminds me of a family wedding photo of all my aunts. My and my sister were viewing them and suddenly realized....at the same time... that all the aunts, and our mother, had [u]exactly[/u] the same physical pear shaped figures. Not exactly inspiring! The horror was intensified when we realized "OMG....that may be us one day!"

So that treadmill I joked about with my DH may have some relevence on my cruise! LOL!!!

[quote name='cdncruzer']Podgieree-Love the "mirror mirror" quote.

Reminds me of a family wedding photo of all my aunts. My and my sister were viewing them and suddenly realized....at the same time... that all the aunts, and our mother, had [u]exactly[/u] the same physical pear shaped figures. Not exactly inspiring! The horror was intensified when we realized "OMG....that may be us one day!"

So that treadmill I joked about with my DH may have some relevence on my cruise! LOL!!![/QUOTE]

Every so often when I pass a mirror I see my mother for an instant. On one or two occasions, it's been my mother's mother! My DH and I joke that he knew what he was getting into as he and mom took a class together long before we were ever married! -Podge

Archived