Sapphire Nov07 Best Shore Excursions

gloriashelton

To those who have done Princess Sapphire, HELP! Doing pre and post tours in Beijing and Bangkok but need help in trying to decide the "must do" excursions in the various ports. Can anyone help, please?

Ports of call are --

Nagasaki

Shanghai

Okinawa

Taipei (Keelung)

Hong Kong

Nha Trang

Ho Chi Minh (Vung Tu\au)

Singapore

Were planning to do the ship's shore excursions. Thanks to all.

gloria

Hi Gloria,

We´re doing the same trip starting on the 1st of October, and except for Beijing and Bangkok where we are doing a hotel extension; we will be doing all the other excursions with Princess, and this is what we have booked:

• Nagasaki : OURA CHURCH/GLOVER GARDEN WALKING. This one we have picked purely because we are not interested in seeing the war memorials etc.
  • Historical Shanghai
  • Okinawa: Shurijo Castle & Kokusai Street
  • Keelung:Taipei City Highlights & Temples
  • Hong Kong Island & Harbor Cruise
  • Nha Trang & Ponagar
  • Discover Ho Chi Minh City
  • Singapore's China Town, Pewter Demonstration & Raffles

Hopefully, as I come back before you go I can be of help to you after being in any of these places. :)

Hi Gloria

Fun isn't it trying to decide what to do.

My husband and I are also on the Oct. 1st. cruise and that's what I am doing right now deciding on the shore excursions. We are doing Nagasaki on our own as the ship docks right within walking distance of Oura Church and Glover Gardens so I don't think we will bother with an excursion there. May do the same in Okinawa as I have been told there are taxis available to go into the city and I understand Princess offers shuttle service for a charge for those who just want to go into the port instead of doing an excursion. The Sapphire has to dock usually in container ports due to her size. Just a bit nervous of getting lost wouldn't want to be left behind when the ship sets sail. This is our first trip to this part of the world and it's all new to us. The rest of the ports we are doing shore excursions with the tour group that we booked with. They are not the Princess ones but I have been comparing them and they sound like they are much the same.

Good luck with your decisions.

Archived