Toronto-Heathrow-T4-Copenhagen Question

dog

I will be flying on British Airways from Toronto to Heathrow Terminal 4 and a couple of hours later from T4 Heathrow to Copenhagen (on the same ticket).

Will my checked luggage go all the way through to Copenhagen or do I need to pick up my luggage and check in again at T4 Heathrow?

Will I need to go through security at T4 Heathrow on my way to Copenhagen?

Same idea on return trip (in and out of Terminal 4 Heathrow)

Thanks,

dog

I will be flying on British Airways from Toronto to Heathrow Terminal 4 and a couple of hours later from T4 Heathrow to Copenhagen (on the same ticket).

Will my checked luggage go all the way through to Copenhagen or do I need to pick up my luggage and check in again at T4 Heathrow?

Will I need to go through security at T4 Heathrow on my way to Copenhagen?

Your bags should be through-checked to Copenhagen, so the next time you see them will be on the carousel at Copenhagen. You will need to clear customs there, and your bag tags will identify your bags as originating outside the EU and therefore requiring customs clearance at Copenhagen. Some European airports segregate these bags before they reach the carousel, so be alert to the possibility that your bags may come out at a difference carousel from other bags from the same London-Copenhagen flight.

When you arrive at T4, follow the signs for Flight Connections Terminal 4. This may join the longest-looking queue you see, as the security screening area is just off the arrivals corridor where the queue is. You will go through standard UK screening - one bag only (one means one), liquids in a baggie, etc.

You should already have your boarding pass for your London-Copenhagen flight. If not, you can pick one up at the transfer desk immediately beyond security. Then you go up one floor and straight into the departures lounge with its shops, bars and restaurants.

You do not clear immigration for this transfer.

And it will be exactly the same on the return trip.

Archived