praying before trip

partisan

The Bible says to pray about everything and to worry about nothing.

I pray for our safety and for the safety of our fellow passengers.

I pray for the Captain and his crew, that they will have the guidance to navigate the ship safely.

And, of course, I pray for my family back home that they will be looked after until we return.

partisan,

why pray? what is going to happen is going to happen. i am not trying to be mean or cruel or anything like that. ( i started not to post at all in reply), but why do you think your prayer will make any difference in reference to a cruise? for those who reply that feel they must flame, go ahead, i have thick skin and i know it makes you feel better (especially those with better than thou attitudes).

partisan,

why pray? what is going to happen is going to happen. i know it makes you feel better ).

i agree with you --in every major accident or disaster there was someone who prayed and the accident or disaster occured anyway and the person saying the prayer either survived or didnt and if they did they will credit the prayer and if they didnt .......................................and i know this

--but i have to tell you that i say a prayer every day that i travel- it just makes me feel a little better

The Bible says to pray about everything and to worry about nothing.

I pray for our safety and for the safety of our fellow passengers.

I pray for the Captain and his crew, that they will have the guidance to navigate the ship safely.

And, of course, I pray for my family back home that they will be looked after until we return.

Amen to that :o

The Bible says to pray without ceasing so our family prays all the time. However, I do believe that when it is your time to go, there is nothing you can do about it so if my ship goes down then it must be that the Lord is ready to receive all who are on it! I am not a worrier as you can tell but I do pray for safe passage just so the Lord knows I accept His will! Safe passages to all!

• 3 weeks later...

I feel I 'need' to reply to this. Below is a personal testimony about my last cruise experience.

My Daughter and I arrived back to the Sensation, in Tampa, on Thursday morning, Charley's big day. We didn't know anything was going on until my Husband called me on my cell phone about 8:15 that morning. The weather was beautiful and we noticed no, or very little, wind.

My DH informed me of the coming Hurricane and also of one fact I had over-looked ... our plane was not due to leave until 6:00 P.M. the "next" evening, I had made a huge mistake on dates!!!! We all three began to pray and pray hard. Why did I even 'think' to turn on the phone? We 'know why'!

We immediately called the airport and learned of an earlier flight. We spoke to the Crews Director and were told, there was no way we could get to the airport by 11:30 to catch the next flight, (although He was very apologetic). But, we did get to the airport, by 10:30, and was put on the stand-by list. There were only three people that got on that plane by going stand-by, we were the first two.

As it turned out, that was the last flight that left Tampa airport flying our way for the next two days! The airport closed down for 'Charley'.

I have to add ... we know who got us on that plane and we are truly thankful to Him! Prayer most defiantly DOES work.

Thank you for allowing me to share this with you.

I pray before air travel on our way to the port - right before take off.... On my last cruise I also prayed in the taxi on the way to the airport - the taxi driver didn't want to stop for gas - we drove 30 miles on "empty" - the taxi driver was a real character - I didn't know whether to laugh or cry....

partisan,

why pray? what is going to happen is going to happen. i am not trying to be mean or cruel or anything like that. ( i started not to post at all in reply), but why do you think your prayer will make any difference in reference to a cruise? for those who reply that feel they must flame, go ahead, i have thick skin and i know it makes you feel better (especially those with better than thou attitudes).

God always answers prayer- it's just that sometimes the answer is "no"!

I pray at every sunset on the promenade deck. I am thankful that I have the means, the health, and good fortune to cruise. Then, I pray for the poor souls back home. Seriously. Also, at least one good deed each day while cruising helps the spirit.

Coka

Absolutely ! I pray about everything. At the very beginning of vacation planning or anything else i pray. I believe what the 24th number of the Psalms says in the very first verse, "The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and they that dwell therein" So I believe i owe him thanksgiving for his bountiful blessings and ask his blessings upon crew and passengers of the ship on which i'm sailing.

Agree with oldmedic. What will happen, will happen, regardless!!

And Honeybear...what if the third person on that flight was an atheist?

If he or she said `I never pray` but they still caught the flight does it prove they are right or you are right?

I could quote several occasions where I have just caught a plane,train,boat,ferry etc and I never pray.

Some people need that belief and faith in life and some people are realists.

I am the latter.

Sorry, I dont want to be too contentious, I'm just having an off day.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived