Embarkation Time For Summit Southbound Alaska Cruisers???

sunspot49

Recent Summit Southbound Alaska cruisers: What was the earliest you were able to get on the ship in Seward? We know the Summit doesn't leave Seward until that night, but were hoping we could get on around 11 AM. Is that possible?

Two more questions in this regard:

1) once you get on, can you get off, visit Seward etc. then get back on later?

2) if you can not board the Summit very early, can you at least drop your luggage off? I arrive just after 11am on the train. It would be great to leave my luggage, even check in, then head into Seward for the day.

Thanks.

John

We were on the June 29th Summit sailing and arrived on the 11:00 train. The ship was a 10 minute walk away. We were able to check in, have a quick lunch, drop off our luggage and leave the ship to explore Seward.

Seward was very nice, I wish we had waited to have lunch in town. The train ride was spectacular! We also visited the Seward Sea Life Center - long walk, but fun.

We were on the June 29th Summit sailing and arrived on the 11:00 train. The ship was a 10 minute walk away. We were able to check in' date=' have a quick lunch, drop off our luggage and leave the ship to explore Seward.

Seward was very nice, I wish we had waited to have lunch in town. The train ride was spectacular! We also visited the Seward Sea Life Center - long walk, but fun.[/quote']

Welcome to Cruise Critic and thanks for the info. I am planning on going to the Sealife Center but I plan to rent a bicycle from the Seward Bike Shop which is close to the pier (about $20 for the afternoon).

I have heard the train ride is gorgeous. I am looking forward to it.

John

Archived