Help we don't snorkle!!

Momma Mojito

You might consider doing an island tour...they take you to Hell, the turtle farm, the rumcake place...and around the area of George Town.

Or you could rent a car and just explore the island. We always use Andy's for our cars, but there are others. We love the East End. The botanical garden is over that way and so is Rum Point. The blowholes and The Lighthouse Restaurant are also over that direction.

You could spend the day at the beach...there's Sea Grape and Royal Palms that offer chairs, water toy rentals, food, and restrooms (just grab a cab).

There's a couple of sub options...the Nautalus (sp), which skims the top of the water (I believe)...and the Atlantis, which actually goes under the water. There's also a small sub of some sort, but it made my stomach turn just looking at how small it was...so I've not checked into this.

There's a pirate ship that you can book and it takes you out and around the George Town area.

There's an open-air trolley that we've seen around the island. From what I can tell, it stays pretty much over on the George Town side of the island.

There's also a butterfly garden.

Grand Cayman is a place that I'd book all my excursions myself. It's a safe island...and you can get out and do pretty much whatever you want.

Do you want to do an excursion through the ship?

You could spend the day at the beach...there's Sea Grape and Royal Palms that offer chairs, water toy rentals, food, and restrooms (just grab a cab).

twinkletoes has good ideas. There are hotels that have day passes if you search these boards there is a lot of good information on them.

You could do a jeep tour ~ there is a snorkeling stop on the one Royal Caribbean offers, but it is at a resort and only for an hour or so. If you don't snorkel there is a pool and beach bar and plenty of shade under the trees.

We enjoyed the Turtle Farm, Hell, rum cake store, island tour. We just booked the trip when we got off the boat. There are lots of people offering tours when you get off the boat. It was much cheaper than the cruise ship tour. We were there shortly after the hurrricane a few years back and it was pretty torn up, but we still had a great time.

Archived