PG Pre-cruise

robinson

We will be on the PG 2/12/05 and are trying to decide whether to go to Tahiti or Moorea. So far, the reviews for Moorea sound better ... and the choice of hotels is just as confusing!! Sometimes you wonder if the reviews are talking about the same place!! Guess "different strokes for different folks" is true where reviews are concerned!! Any advice would be helpful.

Go for Moorea. It is a very beautiful island, and on the ship you wish you had more time there. There are nice places in Tahiti too, but the hotels around Papeete are pale in comparison with everything I've heard about the hotels on Moorea. That being said, I have not stayed on Moorea myself, but others will tell you about the hotels there.

I did the pre-cruise on Bora Bora at Le Meridien and it was fantastic! Incredible views from the hotel, great services, lots to do around the island - nice restaurants on the island (Including Bloody Mary's and La Villa Mahana), plus water sports at the resort and elsewhere... :D

Thanks for your advice .. I think we have decided to go to Moorea ... with the ferry it will be easy to go to Papeete and still have the extra time on Moorea. Such difficult choices!! Any thoughts on whether the Intercontinental is better than the Pearl? Both have such contrary reviews. Can't wait for our trip!!

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from B2B on the PG and a post-cruise at the Pearl Resort on Manihi. We loved Manihi, but would do a pre-cruise on Moorea next trip - avoiding the weight limitation of Air Tahiti. On the Moorea Lagoon & Snorkeling excursion (that I highly recommend if you're into snorkeling) we learned that a lot of boat traffic goes past most of the OWB's at the IC Beachcomber. The next day we rented a car for 4 hours and circled the island, stopping at the Moorea Pearl Resort for about 45 minutes. An OWB there would be our first choice. It is quieter there and very beautiful. If you like a lot of activity you may prefer the Beachcomber.

Archived