Waitlisted?!

We reserved our Princess Alaska cruise 6 months ago and requested late dining. I presumed that this was a sure thing since we had never had a problem with this on previous cruises. Now we are three weeks away and discovered we are waitlisted. We really don't want to do any time dining b/c we heard there are long lines, bad service, mediocre food...is there anything we can do about this? Our TA is no help. Thanks!

We reserved our Princess Alaska cruise 6 months ago and requested late dining. I presumed that this was a sure thing since we had never had a problem with this on previous cruises. Now we are three weeks away and discovered we are waitlisted. We really don't want to do any time dining b/c we heard there are long lines, bad service, mediocre food...is there anything we can do about this? Our TA is no help. Thanks!
I don't believe that there is anything you can really do at this point. There is always the chance that you will get traditional depending on how far down the list you are.

We have used anytime and had no problem with seating and service. The food comes out of the same galley so there is no real reason for any difference.

I believe that you can still call and reserve a time/table size on a daily basis.

Charlie

We used anytime dining on Princess ....there was very seldom a wait. If you request a larger table for a group then you may have to wait but we always just took whatever was available.

The as pointed out above is all the same as the traditional dining room.

enjoy the cruise

We got stuck with anytime dining on the Princess Grand. It was not that long of a wait. We also had it on Caribbean Princess, but at least it was not a case of being stuck with it, my cruise roomie wanted it. On the CB they have two anytime dining rooms so you never had to wait if you went to the one in the aft.

We never waited very long except one time when about 8 of us wanted to eat together at a prime time.

Traditional is usually waitlisted, so obviously more want it than get it.

btw its the same food, except for a few items like baked alaska or something like that I heard they got in the dining room. Other than that its the same menu, so if you are saying its bad, then you would not like the regular dining food either.

I believe you have several options--

1. You can stick with the open seating and still make a standing reservation every night for the same time and place. I believe they offerred us that option last time.

2. When you board, there will be a certain area where you can meet with the maitre'd and request a change. We have always been acommodated.

This is the one negative to Princess anytime dining. It probably said waitlisted on your confirmation from the travel agent after initially booking.

Good luck!

Archived