Booking a cruise?

Mangos

How far in advance should you book a cruise? The travel agent is telling me that this price will sell out fast. I want a balcony room this time around. But the cruise isn't until Feb '08!

If you want a specific cabin, you should book it in advance. If the price goes down you will receive the credit. Depending on the ship, category and sail date, staterooms can sell very quickly. If you are going presidents week in February, your TA is correct in telling you to book as soon as you decide what you want.

If you want a specific cabin, you should book it in advance. If the price goes down you will receive the credit. Depending on the ship, category and sail date, staterooms can sell very quickly. If you are going presidents week in February, your TA is correct in telling you to book as soon as you decide what you want.

Even if you just do the guarantee cabins, my cruise for Novemeber on the conquest we booked the first week of June and it has already gone up over 200.00 per person

So far we have booked all of ours about 18 months out. We will wait for a sale with a double upgrade and book as soon as we can. Some people don't like to plan things out the far, but we do. Plus, if gives you lot of time to research the island for things to do and plan other things around your cruise, pre-cruise or post-cruise. Good Luck!

I booked my cruise on the Inspiration about 14 months out and got a killer rate on a Category 12 suite, the same one I had the last time I cruised on the Inspiration.

Other than the months and months of anticipation, booking WAY early can't be beat!

How far in advance should you book a cruise? The travel agent is telling me that this price will sell out fast. I want a balcony room this time around. But the cruise isn't until Feb '08!

We are booking our family cruise now and it's not until May of '08!

I'm with Leslie (well, maybe not the exact same cruise and we're definitely not related, but) I've already got group space held for May'08.

Book as early as possible for the best rates usually and definitely for the best choice of cabin. Normally your TA can help you get an adjustment or credit if the price happens to drop.

I'm with Leslie (well, maybe not the exact same cruise and we're definitely not related, but) I've already got group space held for May'08.QUOTE]

We got AWESOME rates for our cruise! Where are you going? Were doing the Conquest out of Galveston to Cozumel, Montege Bay, Jamaica and Grand Caymans.

We are booked for April 2009... and will be booking Fall 2009 as soon as we can... you can never book too early, and you get the best stab at the best pricing (if it goes down you can get it adjusted, if it goes up, you have a lower price :))

Feb is a busy time, so yes, the pricing probably will go up. Feb 08 is not very far off... so that really isn't booking far in advance. We've had a Feb cruise sell out months in advance... so it won't hurt you to book it, especially if it is selling well.

Book as soon as you know for sure what days you want to go. I personally don't usually book more than a few months in advance....I booked last week for a Sept 8th 2007 cruise. But my hubby and I didn't even decide about taking a vacation until recently.

we try to book ours every few months, but sometimes like this year it's hard to do... with a new job I only get 2 weeks off after the march and june cruises,no more cruise till dec for me... which is fine. but for the mose part when we get home it's time to book the next one... which we just did lol woohooo it's only 5 months away!!!!!

Im booked 6 cruises ahead, as far out as Jan 09, it does tie up a lot of money, but when it is time for final payment its nice to owe less.

My Jan 08 Ecstasy is up $110 per person!!!! and I only booked it a few months ago, but Galveston is going up up up with so few ships now.

Feb 08 is literally just around the corner. I try to book at LEAST 12 months to 18 months out. Then if the prices go down, I reap the benefit but pretty much the prices go up when you are talking about balcony cabins.

Anyone who wants a specific balcony should always book asap. No doubt.

Archived