Google Earth views of Great Stirrup Cay, Coco Cay, Princess Cays and Labadee

bbaileyfamily

For those curious people like me, here are the coordinates for some of the cruise liner privately leased beaches and cays. Just type in, or cut and paste, the coordinates into your search area on Google Earth and fly right to the private beach you are looking for. Note that all of these views show cruise ships at each place.

---Great Stirrup Cay; a privately leased cay in the Berry Islands group of Bahama Islands. Run by Norwegian Cruise Lines. On a map, the Berry Islands are due east of Miami.

25 49' 30"N, 77 54' 30"W

----CoCo Cay; just to the west and right next door to Great Stirrup Cay. Run by Carnival Cruise. Obviously still in the Bahamas.

25 49' 04"N, 77 56' 18"W

---Princess Cays; staying in the Bahamas, but moving way south to Eleuthera Island, we have the Princess Cruise Lines leased beach. Two cruise liners are in port this day (which in my humble opinion is way too many here). And yes, it's as sparse vegetation wise as it looks from the air.

24 38' 30"N, 76 10' 14"W

---Labadee; moving way southeast to the north shore of Haiti, we have Royal Caribbean's leased beach. This is not an island as RCCL used to advertise. It is actually a state park of Haiti that RCCL leases part of the time. In this view you can see the liner very close to shore. You can also see a group of touring jet skis coming back in line from their tour. The new zip line goes across the bay at the north of the park.

19 47' 10"N, 72 14' 45"W

I hope this helps people like me that want to see where they are going are where they have been. Have fun!

Brad

----CoCo Cay; just to the west and right next door to Great Stirrup Cay. Run by Carnival Cruise. Obviously still in the Bahamas.

25 49' 04"N, 77 56' 18"W

I hope this helps people like me that want to see where they are going are where they have been. Have fun!

Brad

Not sure if you really mean to say Coco Cay is run by Carnival Cruise. Coco Cay is run by Royal Caribbean. I have been there twice on Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas.

Archived