Lanyard Question (and other souvenirs)

Star-Man

in april on the sun they also had lots of sky stuff

but we went to the duty free shop every day to check out the 75% off sale (different items every day eg.$3 sarongs then $5 handbags)

and at the big sale i even bought a fullsize replica diving helmet 75% off it sits on my entertainment unit on a stand with a light inside.

mic

We got the impression when we went on Pacific Star recently that they are phasing out the ship specific souveniers and heading towards the more generic P&O branding of things.

Thats a shame

*holds on tighter to pacific star lanyard*

Well Im starting to get a bit excited as talks of the next cruise become more and more serious.

I went on the Star with a lanyard that i got from City beach a few years ago but within minutes of being on board, I bought a Pacific Star one. Im wondering whether i should just take that one on the Sun next year and kind of advertise the fact ive been on a cruise before, or should i just splurge and buy a Sun one as well?

Also, I was thinking about taking the two P&O souvenir glasses that i bought last time on board with me. The yellow plastic cocktail thing and the clear light up one from island night. Just to save buying them again and so I dont feel left out when everyone else is walking around with theirs at sail away.

Hmm... perhaps ill need a big suitcase for all the extras. Egg cartons, roller skates...

Hi Sam,

I would take your star lanyard....my advice souvenior anything you can .......you ought to see my swimming pool at home when we have a BBQ....heaps of blue and white stripped pools towels ,cocktail glassss ,beer glasses,coffee mugs,cocktail menus etc.....only thing missing is a steward to bring the drinks....i will work on that on the Sun Princess in January.:)

Cheers

Col

I hope they don't run out of Pacific Sky Lanyards before Jo's cruise next Feb!!:p ;) They may have to pull out the Titanic ones then!!:p

Went to the sale on the 2nd last day they had enough sky lanyards on the table that you nearly could not see over. 1/2 the sale gear must have been either sky gear or stuff left over. Heard they ran out of sun lanyards 1st day of cruise. My wife had to settle for a sun fridge magnet.

On our last cruise on the Pacific Sun in late January this year our dining room steward and his assistant presented every one at our table with a complete set of menu's on the last night. They even personalised them with our names and a 'thank you' message for being on board.

It was a nice finish to a great cruise.

Can't wait to board the Pacific Dawn on 7th December -30 sleeps to go.

Roy

Went to the sale on the 2nd last day they had enough sky lanyards on the table that you nearly could not see over. 1/2 the sale gear must have been either sky gear or stuff left over. Heard they ran out of sun lanyards 1st day of cruise. My wife had to settle for a sun fridge magnet.

I didn't bother going in.:rolleyes: I was told that they had run out on Friday night too. I don't think they had any at all. The amount of people walking around with Pacific Sky ones was amazing. I grabbed a pink one.:D

How did the Wedding renewals go?

I didn't bother going in.:rolleyes: I was told that they had run out on Friday night too. I don't think they had any at all. The amount of people walking around with Pacific Sky ones was amazing. I grabbed a pink one.:D

How did the Wedding renewals go?

Hi

The Wedding renewals went well It was done in the speak easy broom at 4pm on the sunday they did a nice cake with a couple of bottles of bubbly. 2 couples from our table came up. My wife really enjoyed so was worth the effort. capt. did with couple of officers also there.

Archived