Lanyard Question (and other souvenirs)

Star-Man

Well Im starting to get a bit excited as talks of the next cruise become more and more serious.

I went on the Star with a lanyard that i got from City beach a few years ago but within minutes of being on board, I bought a Pacific Star one. Im wondering whether i should just take that one on the Sun next year and kind of advertise the fact ive been on a cruise before, or should i just splurge and buy a Sun one as well?

Also, I was thinking about taking the two P&O souvenir glasses that i bought last time on board with me. The yellow plastic cocktail thing and the clear light up one from island night. Just to save buying them again and so I dont feel left out when everyone else is walking around with theirs at sail away.

Hmm... perhaps ill need a big suitcase for all the extras. Egg cartons, roller skates...

Well Im starting to get a bit excited as talks of the next cruise become more and more serious.

I went on the Star with a lanyard that i got from City beach a few years ago but within minutes of being on board, I bought a Pacific Star one. Im wondering whether i should just take that one on the Sun next year and kind of advertise the fact ive been on a cruise before, or should i just splurge and buy a Sun one as well?

Also, I was thinking about taking the two P&O souvenir glasses that i bought last time on board with me. The yellow plastic cocktail thing and the clear light up one from island night. Just to save buying them again and so I dont feel left out when everyone else is walking around with theirs at sail away.

Hmm... perhaps ill need a big suitcase for all the extras. Egg cartons, roller skates...

Hi Star Man, take you Pacific Star lanyard, save your money to buy a drink for sailaway... I think the last time I looked , lanyards are about $7.00 now.

then again you might want a Pacific Sun one to prove you have been on that ship also.!!!!! .... decisions, decisions...

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

I'd take the Star one with you on Sun, and buy a Sun one as well to wear when you go on the cruise after that...so that whenever you cruise you can show you've been on a previous one!

We're getting a collection of lanyards and cruise cards - on the back of the spare room door hangs lanyards from all previous cruises except my Fair Princess ones - lanyards probably hadn't been invented then! :)

Ive got 2 cruise cards so far, one of the old ones with the picture of the ship on it and a red one. Soon ill have a blue one as well :D

Ive also been putting together a list of "non official" souvenirs that I want to bring back,

A p&o beach towel

A real glass cocktail glass

A knife and fork

A cabin stewards name badge (ok, that one could be difficult)

Should we put together a list of the "must bring back" things from a cruise, including photos with people and things?

I didn't get a Sky one from my last cruise as they sold out within hours!! :eek: So we ended up with dodgy curling ribbon with the card hanging off the end!! When I say dodgy, I mean DODGY!! When we arrived in Vila our first purchase were Nike lanyards from the Fung Kwei sporting section ;) I've always been disappointed I didn't get the last Sky lanyard :(

I'd say take the old one with you (incase they sell out and you get stuck with curling ribbon) and grab a Sun one too :D They're wonderful useless souvieners.

I used to have to wear an ID badge at my last job and had my original Pac Sky lanyard for it. So that one wasn't useless afterall. Everyone used to ask where I got it :rolleyes:

Ive also been putting together a list of "non official" souvenirs that I want to bring back,

A p&o beach towel

A real glass cocktail glass

A knife and fork

A cabin stewards name badge (ok, that one could be difficult)

Should we put together a list of the "must bring back" things from a cruise, including photos with people and things?

OMG you're as big a clepto as me! I've got a heap of knife & fork sets from restaurants lol!

Dare you to take one of the P&O flags from a tender boat ;)

I'm going to try for all the menus this cruise (and anything else that's not tied down haha)

If you wait until the second last day of the cruise you can buy Pacific Sky ones for 85% off. $1. Bargain. You can also buy Pacific Sky diaries, hats and Tshirts. Also Tshirts from places you have never been for 85% off too.

They even had halloween stuff??? Cheap handbags, bikinis etc.

Big sale in the Burgundy room.

I was surprised that everyone wears Lanyards (even with evening gowns???).

I couln't bring myself to use one.

On the Diamond Princess the only people with Lanyards were children and a tour group of Japanese.

That's good to know about the big discounts :D Think i'll have to get some of that stuff LOL! I'm hopeless :rolleyes:

On our last cruise i'd been eyeing off a Guess bikini since boarding but it was really expensive so I left it. Then after a few days it was reduced way down and I still wanted it but still couldn't justify approx $100 for a bikini! Then we ran aground and missed an island (how's that for irony!) and to appologise P&O gave us all $100 on our cards :D I now have that bikini :D :D

The challenge is set. Ill have to study some photos of the tenders to see how the best way to get it off would be. Ill only have 4 shots at it, to and from the ship in the whitsundays and port douglas.

If you wait until the second last day of the cruise you can buy Pacific Sky ones for 85% off. $1. Bargain. You can also buy Pacific Sky diaries, hats and Tshirts. Also Tshirts from places you have never been for 85% off too.

They even had halloween stuff??? Cheap handbags, bikinis etc.

Big sale in the Burgundy room.

I remember seeing that sale on the Star. Nearly bought a stress pacific sky thing and a sky lanyard.

I was surprised that everyone wears Lanyards (even with evening gowns???).

I couln't bring myself to use one.

On the Diamond Princess the only people with Lanyards were children and a tour group of Japanese.

In the end i put my cruise card in my pocket with the lanyard hanging out. Like in this pic...

844716400_660f653cfb.jpg?v=0

No one could get it out of my pocket without me noticing and it was easier to get it out of my pocket and give the bar staff the whole thing than it was to unclip it or take it off from around my neck.

OMG you're as big a clepto as me! I've got a heap of knife & fork sets from restaurants lol!

I'm going to try for all the menus this cruise (and anything else that's not tied down haha)

Jo, there's no challenge with the menu's; ask for them and they'll be given to you, or go on the Galley tour and you get a complete set any way.

We ended up with 4 cocktail glasses in our luggage. Was quite suprised when I was unpacking our 'dirty washing case' to discover them buried in amongst the washing. Still haven't worked out how they got there. :rolleyes:

Jo, there's no challenge with the menu's; ask for them and they'll be given to you, or go on the Galley tour and you get a complete set any way.

We ended up with 4 cocktail glasses in our luggage. Was quite suprised when I was unpacking our 'dirty washing case' to discover them buried in amongst the washing. Still haven't worked out how they got there. :rolleyes:

Ooh that's good to know :D I'll have to remember to ask for them.

Hmmm I think those pesky cocktail glasses must grow little legs and make their way in with everyone's dirty washing, because I found a set in mine last time too LOL!

The most useless thing I have laying around and gathering dust is the Drink bottles that I received with the Soda Card. They are identical with that 'C' word on it. I now have one from Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Princess. Aim is to have the full collection!!:D

The lanyards may be a thing of the past in the near future. With the arrival of the PD (Ex-RP), your cruise card will almost certainly double as your room key. It will fit nicely in your wallet or purse. Also it won't remind me of work!!!:p

The lanyards may be a thing of the past in the near future. With the arrival of the PD (Ex-RP), your cruise card will almost certainly double as your room key. It will fit nicely in your wallet or purse. Also it won't remind me of work!!!:p

But will still be the same issue. Who wants to carry around a wallet on a cruise!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

But will still be the same issue. Who wants to carry around a wallet on a cruise!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

That's right. I only carry my wallet when going ashore at the Islands/Ports. On board I leave it locked in the safe unless I need my credit card for money.

I use my Pacific Sky one for my work ID. In September I'll take my brown Pacific Star one, but in March I might try and replace my hot pink Pacific Sun one with a more subtle colour.

On our last cruise it seemed like everyone was wearing tee shirts of their previous cruises and holidays to exotic locations. I felt really boring in my Best and Less outfits!:o

Bye, Pink Poodle.

Just because they are wearing t shirts with exotic names on them doesnt mean they have been there. They usually sell them off at the end of cruises for a couple of dollars, probably less than your best and less one!!

I could have bought a lovely alaska one on my NZ trip for aaround $3.

It is a bit like those than keep commenting on the platium status....

Just because they are wearing t shirts with exotic names on them doesnt mean they have been there. They usually sell them off at the end of cruises for a couple of dollars, probably less than your best and less one!!

They're not best quality either. Most are made of cheap thin material, which after one wash is usually the size of a kids t-shirt!!

That reminds me, I'll have to try and dig out my Jamaica shirt. It didn't fit me a while back, but I'm sure it does now!! I'd rather buy it from the locals (even if they can be a bit scary!!:p ) than onboard. It looks as though you spent the entire time on the ship!!;)

They're not best quality either. Most are made of cheap thin material, which after one wash is usually the size of a kids t-shirt!!

That reminds me, I'll have to try and dig out my Jamaica shirt. It didn't fit me a while back, but I'm sure it does now!! I'd rather buy it from the locals (even if they can be a bit scary!!:p ) than onboard. It looks as though you spent the entire time on the ship!!;)

Hi Auzziecruiser. the quality of the t-shirts on Princess are far superior to the one's we get onboard Pacific Star and Sun.

we bought heaps on Sapphire, because they were soooooo cheap.

I bought much larger size than I needed ,to use as a night shirt.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hi Karon,

You are so right. That's why I have been doing the rounds of the markets and now have some nice designer fake copies to impress everyone with next time !! Best wishes Pink Poodle:cool:

• 3 months later...

I know it is an old thread..but would like to add.

We were shocked at the lack of souvenirs on the Pacific Sun last week. Most of it was Pacific Sky excess stock. If you wanted anything like a Mug, Pen etc it only came in Pacific Sky. It appears that they have stopped making Pacific Sun lanyards. Again, only Pacific sky lanyards at 50c each.:rolleyes: At least I saved $7.:)

The T-shirts onboard were for Ports that we didn't even visit.

Perhaps you guys on the Dawn will have all the Pacific Sun stuff!!:p :rolleyes:

I know it is an old thread..but would like to add.

We were shocked at the lack of souvenirs on the Pacific Sun last week. Most of it was Pacific Sky excess stock. If you wanted anything like a Mug, Pen etc it only came in Pacific Sky. It appears that they have stopped making Pacific Sun lanyards. Again, only Pacific sky lanyards at 50c each.:rolleyes: At least I saved $7.:)

The T-shirts onboard were for Ports that we didn't even visit.

Perhaps you guys on the Dawn will have all the Pacific Sun stuff!!:p :rolleyes:

Ooh ... isn't that terrible:eek:

Hope they've got some Sun souvenirs by next Feb (or at least a new lanyard! ... my PacStar one's been used for something else now and I don't really want one from a ship that isn't even in the fleet anymore!!!)

How dissapointing!:(

Ooh ... isn't that terrible:eek:

Hope they've got some Sun souvenirs by next Feb (or at least a new lanyard! ... my PacStar one's been used for something else now and I don't really want one from a ship that isn't even in the fleet anymore!!!)

How dissapointing!:(

The must have an awful lot of sky stuff as that was all they had when I went last November!But I did get a sun Lanyard:D

Archived