Vote time-Sterling Steakhouse or Sabatini´s

lucy2800

Well, you have to remember that the OP does not own this thread. They asked a question, we answered it, we chose to add more information -- information is what these boards are all about.

No one said the OP owned this thread, do you read or just pontificate?

She asked a question and deserved an answer, NOT a lecture.

Mike:p

I've done both and much prefer Sterling Steakhouse. When we went to Sabatini's on the Golden last February, the service was really bad, there were long waits of 10 - 15 minutes between courses (and with lots of courses, that was deadly), and I didn't think the food was that good. There are lots of courses with a little bit of each, and if you like all the courses, that's great. But if you don't, then it was a very long wait for the next course.

At first, they seated us at a banquette and we sank down so low that the table was practically at our chests. Since the restaurant hadn't filled up yet, we asked to be moved. They offered to bring pillows but we felt that was ridiculous. It's not as if we're very short -- I was the shortest at 5'5" and even for my brother-in-law at 5'10", he was waaayyy too low to eat comfortably.

We didn't like our experience at Sabatinis and wouldn't do it again.

Did Sterlings:( on the Golden, Outback was better. Actually the room service steak was better and without the extra charge. Was going to try Sabatinis on the Star until the boat caught fire. :eek: Maybe Sterlings was doing a well done ribeye.:rolleyes:

ordered the chilean sea bass for my main entree in Sabatini's and hated it...

undercooked and very fishy...Everything else in my opinion was just ok..

Sterling Steakhouse....the lobster tails for our whole table, (it wasn't just me) were sent back and taken off the bill...We felt like we were eating pure salt.

Honestly, the beef wellington/lobster tails that were served in the dining room the last formal night were 10x better than the food we had in the speciality restaurants.

Again, just my opinion...I guess you have to try it yourselves just like we did.

Crissy

ordered the chilean sea bass for my main entree in Sabatini's and hated it...

undercooked and very fishy...Everything else in my opinion was just ok..

Sterling Steakhouse....the lobster tails for our whole table, (it wasn't just me) were sent back and taken off the bill...We felt like we were eating pure salt.

Honestly, the beef wellington/lobster tails that were served in the dining room the last formal night were 10x better than the food we had in the speciality restaurants.

Again, just my opinion...I guess you have to try it yourselves just like we did.

Crissy

They didn't have lobster tails when we went to Sterlings. There was no seafood except for shrimp cocktail and I had 2 of them with just appetizers because I don't like steak.

We always go to Sterling twice and Sabatini's once. I never get tired of a good steak. Sabatini's is good, but once a cruise is enough. We must be fast eaters because we usually get out of there in about an hour and half.

I did Sabatini's on the Caribbean last summer and was very impressed. It is not Olive Garden food, but was more "real" Italian, like you would have if you ate with an Italian family. We had a member of our group that was elderly and tires very easily. We explained that to our waiter and we had our entire meal done in around an hour and a half. It was fabulous!

I ate some items I would never have freely selected off menu, but, it was fun and in general they were very good. I think I ate enough to last several days! My seafood was great. Service was outstanding, the best I have had in my 10 cruises.

We also ate in Sterlings but except for the giant shrimp, was generally disappointed. I love steak, but felt my steak was not much different than that I had received in the dining room, and more along par with Outback Steakhouse. Service was not very good.

I think if you are going to take kids, unless they are used to adventures with food, they might be a bit overwhelmed at Sabatini's. If they are teens or older, they might enjoy it.

Remember there are always steaks available from the regular dining room menu under the "always available" category.

I highly recommend for something special to take the opportunity of a specialty dinner.

I have had both. I think you need to do Sabatini's at least once for the experience but when we had the second time we were disappointed. Sterling's is my favorite. The first time the DW and I had a Fillet and split a Halibut steak that was one of the best I have ever had. Last time I went for the Porterhouse and it was awesome. I agree that the steaks in the dining room are very good in fact the beef wellington is an all time favorite. I think Sabatini's and Sterling's are both worth the money but the only way I'll do Sabatini's again is if I am traveling with a first timer, but I will do Sterling's every time.

My Porterhouse from my last visit to Sterling's

1753898523_MexicanCruise2007010stearling.jpg.6645042d5b6e8395636d27c5f6d54aa0.jpg

I said I "ordered" it, not ate it! :D

Sterlings....you could add a lobster tail for $9.00 above the dinner price

Crissy:)

That's odd that they would charge you additional for a lobster tail at Sterlings. The last two times we ate at Sabatini's we both ordered additioanal lobster tails and there wasn't an additional charge. I wonder if your orderd two steaks at Sterlings if they would also charge you more?

That's odd that they would charge you additional for a lobster tail at Sterlings. The last two times we ate at Sabatini's we both ordered additioanal lobster tails and there wasn't an additional charge. I wonder if your orderd two steaks at Sterlings if they would also charge you more?

I agree. Since I don't eat steak you think they could offer the lobster as an alternative for the same price.

[quote name='sonomaphil']WOW! You actually ate your entree???? There was so much food before hand we couldn't even eat it! :D

And we loved it! ;)[/quote]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]The trick here is to pace yourself. Both my wife and I even ordered dessert. My wife had the l[FONT=Arial]angoustines[/FONT] and I had the Alaskan Hallibut. Both were to die for.[/SIZE][/FONT] Of course we skipped lunch and went for a long walk afterwards.

Archived